1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

[Release] Trilian Preset Browser for Komplete Kontrol \ Maschine

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by JesterMgee, Dec 12, 2015.

1. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

[​IMG]

New Preset Pack Announcement Thread
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...ance-soundlabs-3rd-party-preset-packs.313687/

Welcome to the Trilian Preset Browser Pack for the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol software

This browser pack contains 1447 factory presets for Trilian that can be loaded and browsed directly using the Komplete Kontrol software. All presets have been "wrapped" into .nkfs files which contains the Trilian preset information, tagging information and mapped controls. Additionally, a Komplete Kontrol database file and plug-in artwork is also included to create entries in your User Library.

Preset files can be browsed by sound type, sub-category, mood, genre, and Trilian library.

Compatibility
    • Komplete Kontrol software v1.5+
    • Also works in Maschine Software (but not supported)
    • Supports VST Only (no AU Support)
    • Works on PC/MAC
    • Supports 32/64 Bit
    • Requires Spectrasonics Trilian
    Versions
    There is a Free download available which the first 50 presets in each category, completely tagged and macro mapped so you can download and test. The donor version contains all factory presets and free upgrades.

upload_2015-12-12_11-41-28.png

It is recommended if you also use my Omnisphere Preset Browser Pack that you make sure you have updated your presets to v1.3 which you can get by logging into your account and going to "My Downloads".

Get the files and more information Here

Also Available

[​IMG]
    Old Forum Page |
    Information & Download Page

[​IMG]
    Old Forum Page | Information & Download Page

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

This is great news. Thanks for putting this together :)

3. C C

C C NI Product Owner

Fantastic stuff, thanks man.

4. Rodrigo Pelaez

Rodrigo Pelaez New Member

So this doesnt work with logic X?

5. JesterMgee

Should be no issues with any DAW provided:

- The DAW works with VST plugins.
    - The Komplete Kontrol loads within the DAW
    - The VST in question loads within Komplete Kontrol.

Basically these are simply preset files that call up the VST within KK. If the VST cannot be called they don't work.

There is a free download available so you can download it, install it and test to be sure. Head over to the web page and download that as a test. I am not a logic user so no idea specifically on Logic.

6. xgman

xgman NI Product Owner

What is the advantage of this over just opening Trilian? Do the lights work this way?

7. JesterMgee

The advantage is that you can browse and load all the presets in Trilian directly from the keyboard. The donor pack is all tagged with the tags from Omnisphere so you can sort the sounds by acoustic bass, synth bass etc.

Lightguide is not accessible for users to configure and not required since all Trilian instruments basically use the range of the lightguide. Would be great to be able to set splits and such but they have not let us do that.

8. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

OMG Best $20.00 I've spent all week!
    Thanks for this!

• Like Like x 1
  9. JesterMgee

Glad it's working well for you. Does add that extra value I recon which is why I am so focused on making every instrument I own KK compatible. I have contacted NI asking if I could possibly acquire their SDK for developers, but they have not allowed me this as I am not a VST developer which would make things much easier and also offer me access to the lightguide. What I need is to partner with a VST developer to assist them to make NKS compatible plugins but also gain access to the SDK.

Really disappointing that they have such a great potential but make it so hard for users like me to actually make proper use of it and being a producer/user of software and computers for over 20 years I learned 19.5 years ago to never hold your breath waiting for "developers" to add the features you want... Look at the snail pace of features and development of this product. Any slower and it's going to start loosing features.

In any event, i'm currently knee deep in Keyscape which is an amazing sounding product BUT is an absolute pain to convert to NKS because basically every single model and preset of a model has a completely different control setup so I have to manually create every single NKS file by hand. I have a couple of helper scripts I whipped up to save some of the tedious work but it's the most painful I have done to date... The Omnisphere add-on library though will be a piece of cake as I now have new super fast and fully automated scripts to handle that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. yuma

yuma NI Product Owner

Thänx Jester for all the great work you do and im looking very much forward if keyscape and all your other projects are out.

11. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

12. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

I think this is NI's biggest mistake with the whole NKS thing. They have a great basic idea but not allowing users to configure what was a big selling point is really pretty stupid. Steinberg got it right with VST - they basically said "hey everyone, look at this idea and here's all the documentation. There's no licence fee and we'll support you". NI seem to like closing things off to people who don't pay them money, for example you can't make a proper Kontakt library unless you go through NI. Pretty sure the more they opened up the better the integration with 3rd party products and the more stuff they'd sell

13. JesterMgee

Yeah I tend to agree. Even with my workarounds to add NKS support to vsts there are still limitations and I have even asked NI for the NKS software available to vendors to add support but they have said it is only available to vendors :(

Some of us are very experienced and capable on this side and can contribute to help make the product line even greater but we are simply not offered this capability which seems silly to me. I'm willing and able like many to simply move to the platform that offers USERS the tools to make their own solutions to create the things we want to. In the meantime we make do with what is available tho.

• Like Like x 2
  14. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

Well, what defines a "vendor"? And what kinds of tools do they offer? Is it a multi-layered approach, where regular "official" tools are offered to plugin developers (like Xils-Lab and such) but "higher order" tools with light-guides and such are offered for a higher licensing fee?

It may be one of those "if you have to ask the price, you cannot afford this one" kinds of deals! ;-)

I've seen replies by smaller, one-person Kontakt developers that they could not afford the cost of making their offering "Kontakt Player" compatible (that is, full-licensing), so it must be a fairly high cost. If this is NI's bread-and-butter income paying for R&D at NI, then it makes sense they would not offer it to the public, as that would be opening the gate to let the chickens out of the hen house.

Terry