1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Released: Komplete Kontrol A-Series

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 6, 2018.

1. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

TBH I use the lightguide almost zero since it supports only NI content and maybe 0.7% of other VSTs out there so my keyboard always looks blue since 98% of what I use is my own 3rd party stuff and how I would love to change the colour, but it's such an underutilised feature of the keyboard.

That small screen does look to be a pain to work with tho, having to touch a control to see what is up but if you get that same keyboard feel, then it's pretty good value and I am sure it is designed to pull more customers as possibly too many think $1k for what is really just a "basic MIDI" keyboard with some auto mapping is a bit of a stretch. Plus I guess they have the Micro range for Maschine as their cost-effective end of the line so makes sense to have the same for the keyboards.

2. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

I'd be willing to bet that the keyboard action on the S61mk2 feels a whole lot better than the much cheaper A-series. I'm very impressed with the action on my new S61mk2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

No light guide. Add that in.

4. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

Probably assumed right.

5. Chilled

Chilled NI Product Owner

This is build to definitely compete with many of the cheap controllers out there. If the A series is really solidly built and keys have a great feel and longevity then this will probably sell a ton to young musicians or folks wanting a light controller to use with any daw.

6. jggorman

jggorman NI Product Owner

Is it possible to have two keyboards used at the same time with the software? I can see getting a MK2 to select sounds and then a secondary controller that is cheaper. For example a S88 Mk2 with an A61. Is this possible? I want to select sounds on the Mk2 but immediately play it on a second keyboard.

7. omegatron

omegatron NI Product Owner

Anyone know the estimated shipping date for these?

8. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

I do not for the life of me understand why anyone would do that, even with money to burn. It would be an incredible waste of the MK2 keyboard to only use it to select sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. chk071

chk071 NI Product Owner

10. omegatron

omegatron NI Product Owner

11. rudynicoletti

rudynicoletti NI Product Owner

The download page for the 'A Series' lists 'manual' and 'Daw Shortcut Sheet' but once clicked the 'S MKII' ones show up..

12. John Malkovischy

John Malkovischy New Member

How can this thing not have the on screen overlay... :( I’m holding on to my S88 MK1 just for the on screen overlay and the amazing one handed browsing it allow me... please bring it to the future models so I can upgrade!!!

13. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

This will be my christmas gift but im between the A25 and the A49 hope it works well next to my maschine studio.
    As i´m not a keyboard player this series is perfect for me.

Uwe

14. Rye Stye

Rye Stye New Member

Complete rookie here about to make initial purchases. The initial plan was to get Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol S49. I assumed I would connect the S49 to the MK3 via midi and then the MK3 to the computer/DAW. The S49 would then act as the slave and the MK3 the master where I could adjust tone, functions, sounds etc. with the MK3. My concern now is with the A49 having only a USB connection to the computer/DAW. Do I lose any potential functionality by not being able to connect directly to the MK3 or is it a non-factor as the MK3 is linked via the computer/DAW?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

You have to use usb also with s49 otherwise you will loose functionality. And if you have the keyboard connected to the computer maschine will automatically recognize it. Or you then use maschine plugin with maschine hardware and kk plugin controlled by the kk keyboard.

Uwe

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  16. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

Does anyone know if there is a pitch shift by half-step (i.e., key) functionality along with the octave change?

17. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Might sound silly, but I hope the keys on A-series are velocity sensitive?

Also, can anyone tell, from their experience preferably, how do the keys feel? Are they good enough?

Thanks!

18. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes they are velocity sensitive

• Like Like x 1
  19. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

You can use glide in your synth or sampler for that kind of task

20. Gassman

Gassman New Member

I was super excited for the product and about to order one...then I saw it requires Windows 10. What a bummer. Any way we can use this with Windows 7 ? I'm not gonna change my whole setup for a keyboard. :(