Released: Massive X

Discussion in 'MASSIVE' started by Mick @ NI, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

img-welcome-hero-massive-x-overview-hero-image-50fd1e8aade83bc0ccb6ba789f99419d-d.jpg

New release date
    Back in September we announced that MASSIVE X would arrive in February. Unfortunately, when building such a complex instrument, things can take longer than expected, so we’ve taken the difficult decision to delay the release until June.

When MASSIVE X arrives, we’re sure you’ll agree it’s been worth the wait. In the meantime, we’ll be releasing more details over the coming weeks, plus updates and inside info from the development team.

More info and new screenshots can be found here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/massive-x/

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  2. corbo-billy

corbo-billy NI Product Owner

It is very nice all this, to inform us but I acquired this Massive X as part of a Komplete 12 purchase at 25 September 2018.
    It's a lot of time between buying and delivery, do not you think ? :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

I'm sure the sounds.com integration will be worth waiting for!

(Disclaimer .... not a serious comment :D)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. rcmusic35

rcmusic35 NI Product Owner

Keep on working guys, i'm sure it will worth it ;-)

And thanx for the voucher to keep us waiting...i don't know any other company doing this. thank you

• Like Like x 3
  5. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Thanks for the morning positivity :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Looks amazing, just hope it runs on my MacMini (Sandy Bridge). If you want a tester with a pathetic old computer to see if it still works let me know lol

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Which specific CPU in that Mac Mini? AVX was introduced on Sandy Bridges released in Q1 2011, but not sure if all of the models in the range had it. It's an easy check tho if we know the exact CPU model name :)

8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

It's the 2011 2.7GHZ i7 dualcore, I'm pretty sure it is AVX just not AVX2

9. EvilDragon

Yeah AVX is all MX will need, not AVX2.

I doubt you'll be able to get much polyphony out of that CPU though. :)

10. Ojustaboo

Ojustaboo NI Product Owner

I'm glad they are delaying it.

Far far far too often over the last few years I have bought software that clearly wasn't ready for release, but rather than delay it and get it working properly, various companies still insist on releasing it on the original specified date.

Sometimes this can cause serious damage to the particular software, I can think of a few big name games that received mostly negative publicity (and lost a ton of players) by doing this.

The main complaint was always the same "we told you XYZ in beta, what's the point of having betas if you release the software without fixing the major issues first..."

And time and time again people say the companies should have delayed release to get it right.

Too many people judge (and review) on first impressions and this sticks into peoples heads and the negativity is all over the internet in seconds.

So while I want it now, I would rather wait and (hopefully) get a good product

• Like Like x 3
  11. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

You're so very right! Same is to Reaktor 6.3: we will wait to front panel patching is ready make.

12. rez_azel

rez_azel New Member

Nice, but what does that mean for Massive compatibility regarding future operating systems? Will Massive still get minimal updates to make it run on future operating systems? I hope Massive will continue to get (minimal) support in the future, so that it at least runs on future OS...

13. EvilDragon

Until a product is discontinued completely from the product catalog it is reasonable to expect that minimal updates for OS support will happen. Don't consider this as an official statement, but just a logical one.

14. Keith Riddell

Keith Riddell New Member

Like most folk, I'm looking forward to the release of Massive X in June available to owners of Komplete 12 but I.m wondering which versions this applies to. Having recently bought a Maschine Mikro Mk3 and a Komplete Kontrol M49 I then upgraded to Select. A further upgrade is out of the question as I now have about 90% of Komplete 12 with components bought individually. That would be a huge cost for what amounts to few pianos. Is Massive X available to upgrade versions of Komplete 12 Select?

15. EvilDragon

16. Keith Riddell

Keith Riddell New Member

Duh! I've looked at that page numerous times and still managed to miss the obvious. Thanks for the reply. Still looking forward to the release.:thumbsup:

17. freakydinde

freakydinde NI Product Owner

most of people buying komplete sell there older individual plugins on kvr.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

btw EvilDragon is not answering your question, i don't think Massive X will be available with a upgrade path from komplete select, but it's not mentioned in the comparaison chart.

18. Keith Riddell

Keith Riddell New Member

Selling was something I'd already considered, however in practical terms, sifting through 80+ plugins to sell, buy over and replace into existing projects along with associated effects and processing was a can of worms I was not prepared to open.
    As for Massive X, it is indeed listed in the comparisons under all versions excluding Select. Something I managed to miss before. I'll just take that one on the chin. Thank you both for your responses

19. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

Arrggg.. no, say it isn't so. I was hoping to jump into Komplete this year due to the Massive X release. I am on Select and have been holding off upgrading because quite franking, the idea of buying something that takes up so much disk space and I will only be using at most 10% of if 99% of the time seems rather daft. Now that Jr. has gotten into making music and he could really use Unacorda and I could really upgrade to Massive X, so I been waiting.

Hmm.. this puts a bit of a damper on the wheel. :(

20. EvilDragon

Yes it is.

upload_2019-4-4_7-59-27.png

• Like Like x 1