Released: Mysteria

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Mick @ NI, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 16.27.56.png

Mysteria is a one-of-a-kind cinematic instrument that captures the human voice’s unique ability to convey unmediated emotion. Play unusual and arcane textures live, and use an otherworldly mass of choirs, vocals, and textures to create high-tension shifts, angelic transmissions, and soaring transitions that are imbued with the innately human. MYSTERIA harnesses hours of specially-recorded choirs, curated to convey the entire spectrum of human emotion – from the intimate to the sublime.

More info: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/vocal/mysteria/

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mick @ NI

3. Mick @ NI

4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Figured I'd postpone my comment until the whole introduction and such was over (though I did comment on Youtube ;)) but I have mixed feelings about this instrument. It definitely sounds convincing and the interface also looks easy enough to use.

However... owning (and really enjoying!) Thrill I cannot help but wonder if the developers aren't simply selling us the same instrument (or same kind of instrument) with a different sample collection behind it, effectively selling us the same thing twice and at full price at that. And that's not a good thing for building customer trust ;)

On the positive side... the instrument as a whole is impressive, simple as that. They took a rather basic concept (the x-y "shift" as I like to call it) and used that to its full potential. And despite my critical approach I also think it's fair to say that the samples which they include are of high standard (do note that I am solely basing this opinion on Thrill).

Yah, wanted to share ;)

5. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

For me it’s one of those things that looks really cool but I will probably wait until it’s included in a future version of Komplete and get it at a bundled price.