Released: Noire

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Mick @ NI, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

54729471_409870689578226_2052248894309400576_n.jpg

Evocative concert grand
    • Nils Frahm’s concert grand, meticulously sampled in a legendary space
    • Pure and felt-dampened versions included, each with extensive customization options
    • Innovative particles engine sparks ideas for solo compositions, scoring, and more

More info and sound examples: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/noire/

• Like Like x 1
  2. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Looks like a wonderfully complementary addition to using Kontakt on the KKMK2 S-Series. Any word on MCU on the KKMK2? Asking for a blind colleague who is still waiting almost a year down the line since 'upgrading' from the MK1; some people have been waiting eighteen months.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

No need to fake post about this product, just to bring up MCU support again. Your own thread seems to be sufficient for that, no? I understand you are just trying to get an answer, but I dont have one. So please refrain from posting about it in unrelated threads. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. HammyHavoc

Fake post? I actually really like the sound of Noire; as I said elsewhere, if I could get a straight answer, I'd be happy to continue investing in NI products.

5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You certainly won't get a straight answer in an unrelated subforum to the topic you asked about.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HammyHavoc

To be fair, the link to this thread was posted by Mick @ NI in the Maschine sub-forum: https://www.native-instruments.com/...una-corda-you-will-probably-love-this.354279/
    Figured I would ask whilst Mick was online, seemed relevant considering the marketing page for Noire mentions that the best way to use it is with the 88 key KKMK2. Figured that if anybody would know then he probably would. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. EvilDragon

MCU itself has nothing to do with the base usage of Noire (which is to play piano, and not control your DAW's transport), also Mick is AFAIK not directly in contact with KK/MAS teams nor does he intimately know their internal roadmaps.

I feel your pain (being a Reaper user), but this is not the right way to go. :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. HammyHavoc

Fair enough, just an educated guess. ;) Sincerely though, I do love how Noire sounds, nothing fake about it, as does colleague. Just frustrated with the situation, a year is a long time to be kept in the lurch,NI is way out in front in terms of accessibility for the most part, but the current lack of any news, even just a "yes, we are actively working on this", really hurts trust in the brand to want to invest any further, for me at least.

9. EvilDragon

As a personal comment, I am getting the feeling that NI is just not trying to burn themselves once again by promising stuff out in the open, only for them to be postponed indefinitely... So all we can do is sit tight and await those new version changelogs. :)

And with that said, let's continue talking about Noire only, preferably :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Sounds great, the "Particle Engine" thing is interesting.
    The Piano promo vids are always very cinematic, gotta love the coffee making b-roll trend, was it filmed by Peter Mckinnon? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Spekwerk

Spekwerk NI Product Owner

Sounds beautiful

12. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

13. Eric_G

Eric_G New Member

I've noticed for my installation, there are no previews for the patches in Komplete Kontrol. Do the KK previews work for anybody else?

14. EvilDragon

Yes there are no previews currently, I'm sure there'll be a very quick 1.01 update due soon. :)

15. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

The particle thing would be nice as an effect, although it actually looks very much like GRM Space Grains (which I have anyway). Trying to figure out how they added it to a Kontakt instrument though seeing as Kontakt doesn't have such an effect built in, can you make or mod effects using scripts now too?

16. EvilDragon

It's not a mod effect, it's generating notes based on what you play in realtime.

17. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Ah so it is scripted?

18. EvilDragon

19. SAM CA

SAM CA New Member

Just bought it 2 days ago. Pure presets can stand on their own. It's a beautiful and convincing instrument. Then add the felt version and particle engine and you got nothing to complain about. I've used other NI pianos for years, but this one is so different. My two short NOIRE demos so far:

and

• Like Like x 2
  20. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

So.. are we gonna be getting that included in the Komplete 12 standard edition?