1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Released: Play Series: Lo-Fi Glow

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Mick @ NI, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 17.16.01.png

The fuzz of tape. The dirt of distortion. When sounds get a little rougher, something magical happens – that’s LO-FI GLOW. To create this instrument, vintage synths, keys, organs, guitars, and bass, were recorded in the highest quality, then processed through effects pedals, tape decks, and samplers like the SP-404 – resulting in distinctive sounds for instant lo-fi melodics. LO-FI GLOW also comes with powerful tools under the hood – from custom effects chains to macro editing – so you can quickly sculpt your own tones.

Expertly crafted by the folks over at MSX Audio!

More info + sound examples: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/play-series/lo-fi-glow/

2. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

3. corbo-billy

corbo-billy NI Product Owner

Sorry but I don't have the impression to have, to hear sounds with LO-FI characters: it would rather be sound effects, FX of contemporary music (dub, hip-hop).
    A more corrosive and industrial aspect would be welcome but absent from the audio examples; But I could be wrong ... ;)
    For example: https://www.proaudiosolutions.com/Fixed-Noise-OTTO-p/fixednoise-otto.htm

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It is indeed geared more towards contemporary music styles that you mentioned rather than corrosive/industrial aspect. :)

5. Tony Jones

Tony Jones NI Product Owner

It's a few months later — are many people using this? I'm wishing I'd paid more attention when it launched as I see it goes one step further in terms of ability to shape sound than Modular Icons.

Thoughts? Worth watching out for in any summer sale?