1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Renaming, editing and deleting .ksds (original Massive)

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by ew, Oct 23, 2006.

1. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

As there seems to be some confusion here, I thought I'd make this a sticky.

.ksds CANNOT be renamed, saved or deleted if they're in the factory content folder. This is done for database integrity reasons.

If you want to rename or edit a .ksd that's in the factory content, resave or move it to the user content folder (the folders are described in the readme in the documentation folder).

.ksds in the user folder CAN be deleted- right click on the sound's name in the browser; this will bring up a menu.

Also, the .ksds in the factory library will usually be reinstalled with an update, and there will also be factory content updates. Be aware that if you've moved the factory sounds to the user content folder, you stand a good chance of having duplicates somewhere along the line.

ew

• Like Like x 1
  2. Artemiy Pavlov

Artemiy Pavlov Forum Member

I wanted to get rid of all presets, so I renamed the factory folder from "Massive" to "Massive Presets" and rebuilt the database. Now I only have my own patches in the list. I never had any error message from Massive complaining about missing presets.

3. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

wow. this works like a charm! last night i had something like 754 presets, and now i only have the presets i like. booyah

4. Artemiy Pavlov

Artemiy Pavlov Forum Member

Glad I was able to help!

5. abiah

abiah NI Product Owner

but renaming the .ksd in the finder doesn't change the name in massive's browser?

So how do you actually rename a patch?

6. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Resave it with the new name using the save as. Then, delete the old one.

ew

7. Durk_HWS

Durk_HWS NI Product Owner

If you tag your patches well - I even add comments, since they are searchable too - having over 500 is not a problem, and always handy to have them in the UI.

8. Ethnohumanoid

Ethnohumanoid New Member

Hello! I have a problem with Massive..... I have ksd. presets but when I try to open one of them from file/open it's not working. I proceed the installation instructions to appear my presets in the Massive browser and it's done but if i try to click one of them it's not loading ....and I'm with FL Studio 8. what to do ?

9. johnnyvn

johnnyvn New Member

I have a question for everyone. I'm using Massive with Mac OSX Lion. I've bought some extra patches for Massive, and I have figured out how to convert the .ksd files into the new .nmsv files. I have loaded them into my main Massive library which resides here:

Mac OS/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Massive/Sounds

BUT, also in the Mac OS/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments folder is a sub-folder called "Shared Content". And inside that is a Massive/Sounds sub-folder. In that folder, there is a patch list of .ksd files. Does anyone know what this is? Should I convert these files to the other format? Or is this something I should never touch?

I'm basically trying to figure out what these files are. Also in this "Shared Content" folder is a similar sub-folder for Absynth and FM8 (I own them, too).

Anyone know what these files are?

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

10. The spiffincat

The spiffincat New Member

Hi all,

I see that this thread hasn't had any posts in a while but it seemed the most appropriate place for me to ask this question.

I am not sure how but I now have my hard drive and all it's folders, (I use a macbook pro,) are in my massive library. Is there any way to remove it/them?

Thanks in advance,

spiffincat