Renaming files inside Traktor

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by radiokrishna, May 3, 2019.

1. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

Please make support for renaming files in the "File Name" field. I mean "Inline Editing".

Снимок экрана 2019-05-03 в 18.17.25.png

2. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

Please check in Traktor's preferences, Browser details, tick 'allow inline editing in List window'.
    Does that solve your issue?

3. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

No. Other fields are editable, but the File Name is not.

4. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

You can also check the following in case:
    - traktor 's preferences, file management, under 'tag writing mode', check what's your setting.
    - also that sounds dumb but it happens (well it happened to me at least), right click on one of the file you can't change, show in windows explorer that file, right click on it, go to its properties and verify if the 'read-only' option is correctly unticked.
    - can those files, as it seems you're using a dj pool, be watermarked in any way that could prevent rewriting the file's name.
    - also - and that's probably where your issue is - why are you using the column file name and trying to modify that. You can edit the title's name, artists, etc... I don't think you can change the file's name from that column, but hey I may be wrong.

edit: oups, yeah you mentioned that field, and that was your request. My bad.