REPLIKA - Official feedback and questions thread

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by Keir @ NI, Dec 11, 2014.

1. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Still crashes Sonar with 1.2.2 (confirmed by multiple people).

When is the next update? The bug was acknowledged four months ago... Ta.

2. tomorrowsman

tomorrowsman New Member

Crashing still ongoing with both 1.2.1. and 1.2.2. Downgrading makes no difference. Full uninstall/reinstall makes no difference. I'm now up to Ableton Live 9.5, but still no change with this plugin crashing. All system drivers are up to date.

3. fisherKing

fisherKing NI Product Owner

on my mac, why does replika put files in the Users>Shared folder? there's a "NI Resources" folder there, with some replika thumbnails (etc). just seems...odd, there's no such folder for massive, or battery 4 (battery 4 DOES have it's library in the shared folder). but the purpose of the replika one?? and can i delete it? anyone??

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  4. Daru925

Daru925 New Member

Replika works super fine for me, but nobody understood my previous post i guess :D
    A quick fix is to launch ableton with the .auz file instead of shortcut.
    Enjoy replika

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dadunn1700

Dadunn1700 New Member

Same issue here. Replika crashes Ableton Live 9.5 on plugin scan everytime. I remove Replika from my plugin folder and Ableton scans and starts up just fine. I'd like to add that on my Mac i don't have this issue. Just on my PC. But from what i'm hearing it's a widespread problem. To many ppl have the EXACT same issue. I just gave up on Replika until they fix it.
    Downgrading makes no difference. Still crashes Ableton if it's in my plugin folder. Ableton will not even start.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sharke

sharke New Member

Seems to me that something as relatively straightforward as a delay plugin shouldn't be causing this many issues. Please get it fixed NI.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. CakeAlexS

Assume you are using Mac not PC.

8. SBkillabeatz

SBkillabeatz NI Product Owner

it actually works with the .auz file.

your a life saver!! i just had to reopen a project for a client where i used Replika...

was so desperate that i tried it and it works :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. G-CJ

G-CJ New Member

I've been having a strange issue with Replika and FL 64 Bit (Windows 10, Mac running bootcamp). It doesn't crash, but if the plugin is loaded the whole program slows down and looks like watching a movie with a bad internet connection. The audio acts like it has a latency of half a second, but my interface (NI KA6) is running at 12ms and there are no buffer underuns. CPU and memory aren't even near their max. It makes recording any input live impossible. I've looked for solutions elsewhere but found no one with the same problem. Anyone heard of something like this and have a fix?

10. CakeAlexS

Just roll back a version.

11. G-CJ

G-CJ New Member

To 1.2.1? Is it just this new version which is buggy?

12. CakeAlexS

Yes. Please read the thread.Cheers.

13. CakeAlexS

New update has just been released.. Should fix it.

14. Daru925

Daru925 New Member

Glad it worked for you as well.

No surprise, update made things worse for me (windows 7 64 bits ableton9). Not even my "workaround" works now ahah^^
    It just crashes no matter what (i uninstalled, applied the microsoft tool to be sure every trace of replika is nuked and everything, reinstalled, even tried instancing etc) CRASH CRASH CRASH ^^

Reverted back to 1.2.2 + auz shortcut, works 145% fine. I'm gonna keep ten separate usb copies of replika 1.2.2 in different vaults all around the world just in case.

At least I hope the update fixes issues for other people!

15. Opie

Opie Member

G-CJ, I have exactly the same problem you do. FL Studio 64 bit, in Windows 10, on a Mac running BootCamp. With one exception.

I had it working just fine. Everything was running smoothly with Replika. The diffusion used a good bit of CPU, but I'm cool with that. I just don't overuse it, or I bounce the track to audio and disable the processing. But then, a couple weeks ago, it just stopped working so well.

I DID NOT UPDATE when this happened. Something else changed. I didn't update Replika, FL, or actually update, install, or change anything. The only thing I did do was use the registry editor to make Windows recognize SCR screensaver files as if they were text files. If that was a major no-no, feel free to yell at me about it. But I doubt that did anything to Replika.

All I know is these projects I was using Replika in suddenly don't play without huge audio dropouts and so much granulation that the song progresses at less than half normal speed. I checked Service Center and saw Replika had an update, so I installed it, and it at least doubled the problem. I can't even run a single instance now, whereas before, if I disabled all but 1 unit at a time, my computer could run it, albeit using 95%+ of my CPU to do so.

So, we know it's not entirely an issue with updating/downdating. Something else is at play. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Opie

16. spawklz

spawklz NI Product Owner

The new update seems to have fixed issues for me, at least. Sorry to hear others are still having trouble... :confused:

17. Freddie H

Freddie H NI Product Owner

Replika 1.3.0 - Windows 10 x64, - Cubase 8.5.15 x64, NVIDIA driver 365.10

Issue 1.

1. Insert the VST Replika.

2. Make some settings in the plugin.

3. Close the GUI of Replika.

4. Now open up the GUI of Replika again.

5. Notice that all the graphical representation of your settings are now gone? Also notice that "Phaser" always get stuck and selected always?

6. Save the Cubase Project and close Cubase 8,5.

7. Relaunch Cubase 8.5 and open the previous saved Project that contains the saved Replika plugin.

8. Open up the GUI of Replika again.

9. Notice now that the correct graphical representation of your settings are shown correctly until you edit Replika again.

Issue 2.

I have also notice using "Filter-mode", makes a weird Auto-panning effect in "Normal"- "Wide" and "Pin-pong" mode?
    Its cool effect but this side effect are not really attended by the programmers. It's a weird bug.

18. spawklz

spawklz NI Product Owner

Yeah, the resetting GUI parameters is a complete head-scratcher; it took a while for me to actually notice, because it doesn't reset the audible effect itself, only the GUI. It's still a mystery to me how a seemingly simple effect unit can cause so much trouble. I wonder if they've fixed this in the recently released XT version. I'm beginning to think these so-called freebies are just disguised betas of the actual product.

19. robertroff

robertroff NI Product Owner

Like the RC reverbs and Komplete Kontrol macro knobs, the controls on replika are unusable with a touch screen (finger or pen) like surface pro/surfacebook. The controls jump between min and max with the slightest touch. Please stop having this behavior with your new plug-in controls and go back to normal. There are no other plugins that respond so poorly on touch screens.

20. Brotwurst

Brotwurst Forum Member

@robertroff Replika 1.3.1 has just been released, there's now a Touch Screen Mode (accessible in upper left drop-down menu) which should fix your issue.