1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Reset value (knob) controller shortcut

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by 2046, Sep 7, 2015.

1. 2046

2046 NI Product Owner

hey there I just might be stupid and don't know it exists already.. but what about this...

What a bout quick reset shortcut on controller.. scenario:
    • load for ie. EQ plugin
    • tweak nobs, set what ever values

Now, how can you reset the values back to the default state huh?
    My suggestion is to implement shortcut: hold [ERASE] and touch the knob ;)

what about that ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Yes there needs to be a reset . The erase +knob is already used to clear an automation lane associated with that knob.

Maybe a shift+erase+rotate Knob that would work on all controllers. Also a double tap knob in addition on the Studio/KK Keyboards since they have touch sensitive knobs.

3. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

As some may know (Maschine developers, almost definitely), this has been one of (perhaps the) #1 feature request for me ever since getting Maschine. Such a seemingly simple, yet incredibly useful and an invaluable function, especially when jamming about and experimenting with effects.

While ERASE+knob is already taken (to erase modulation for the respective parameter), I would love most to see this be the shortcut for resetting parameters to default. Erasing modulation currently removes the entire lane for all Patterns, which is problematic in itself anyway, but would actually benefit from being in a more "secure" location i.e., shift+ERASE+knob. I'm quite confident that very few would care that the shortcut was changed, it would be beneficial (resetting parameters should be as quick as possible), and NI have recently demonstrated that they're not averse to changing button functions (e.g., shift+B5 for Pattern load on/off), so I think it's about time they sorted this one out.
    However, I wouldn't care if it was just shift+ERASE+knob, which is almost as easy and at least it would mean that this function was possible from the controller!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sebmo

Sebmo New Member

I am also looking for such a feature on my Maschine Studio. Just found this thread. Since this is a very old request (and I am pretty new to Maschine), is there now a way to reset to default parameter on the controller itself?

5. 2046

2046 NI Product Owner

double tap the knob, if I'm right
    I haven't touch Maschine for a while

6. Sebmo

Sebmo New Member

Thank would make sense, BUT I just tried it and nothing... I am sure (well ok I hope) there is a simple way to reset the values. (sometimes it is really hard to bring it back to exactly Zero (if Zero is the default)...

Anyone?