1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Retriggering An Envelope...

Discussion in 'Building With Reaktor' started by zoobooboozoo, May 16, 2014.

1. zoobooboozoo

zoobooboozoo Member

1st of all I hope it's OK that I post frequent different threads. When the the topics are different it's seem more logical, for now and for future users that would search for some answeres.

I guess I'm being very uneducated synthesis-wise here but I couldn't find an explanation in the manual so:
    I have a very simple instrument:a constant equivalent of the note C(60), Sawtooth Oscillator and an ADSR envelope. that's it.

View attachment 37034

The ADSR envelope is controlling the amplitude of the sawtooth oscillator. I have 8 consequent G 1/4 notes in the midi track:

View attachment 37035

Now when the attack is longer in time than the 1/4 note the envelope won't retrigger.
    More importantly: when the sustain is higher than 0 the retriggered envelope attack starts ad the value of the sustain instead of strating from "0".

Why is this happening and how can I overcome this obstacle?
    I want the envelope to be retriggered and strating from 0 with every note coming in.

Thx, ZBBZ.

2. salamanderanagram

salamanderanagram NI Product Owner