Reverse-Playback-Bug...

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by bigbadselecta, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbadselecta

bigbadselecta Forum Member

Hi!

To all TS-owners who don't speak German: In the German forum some users reported a strange bug that leads to a sudden playback in reverse direction. It seems like the only way to solve this problem is restarting TS...

Support says it's because of dusty needles which doesn't make too much sense in my opinion since cleaning the needle won't solve the problem (as reported).

Sounds like a pretty bad issue to me.

I was just wondering if some English-speaking users experienced the same problem?

If you don't wanna run into a total embarrassing situation, you can set up a 'panic'-hotkey that activates reverse-playback (so it will then switch back to normal playing direction), but it only works in the internal mode and you'll need a few seconds to change to internal mode and hit the panic key....

2. th0rax

th0rax Forum Member

hmmm
    haven't seen that and I certainly hope not to see it

3. harry_Tf

harry_Tf Forum Member

you get that in any dvs if for some reason 1 channel loses signal while playing. its a pain in the ass but restarts are the only way to fix it. i haven't experienced it on ts yet (fingers crossed) i thought that ts would play even with 1 channel missing but i guess thats if its calabrated as missing a channel. i'm wondering if recalibrating would fix it now in ts?
    but fyi, i've had it happen on torq,tfs2,ssl,and mixvibes so its nothing new.

4. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

<tangent>
    Have a look at this thread to have your user accounts merged.
    </tangent>

5. Darrien

Darrien NI Product Owner

so if I pull out the right channel for example, it should start to play in reverse? I just tried and it doesnt. so the problem seems to be something diffrent with ts.

6. yagru

yagru Forum Member

Hi, yes Ive had this happen a couple times to me already. It seems to happen when the needle is dusty. TS will start playing in reverse.. pretty crazy. I dont remember if Ive had to restart or not.. or wether it was fixed when I mapped a new song.. but cleaning the needle does not fix it initially.

This is NOT the same way Serato reacts. Serato starts slowing down and then generates distortion. It sucks both ways but Id rather at least have the track keep going forward rather than reverse. Dusty needles are a pain in the ass!

7. bigbadselecta

bigbadselecta Forum Member

it never happend to me during 2 years of MixVibes use... And I rarely clean needles / the vinyls.

@ yagru: the way you describe serato's reaction seems much more logical to me... And preferable...

8. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

I've never had this happen to me and I've used TS live in beta and release versions.

Did anyone turn off timecode mode and recalibrate before restarting to resolve the problem?

9. harry_Tf

harry_Tf Forum Member

when it used to happen i had to do the ol' headshell off and lick the contacts trick and the signal would be normal. i always knew it wasn't software related.

10. yagru

yagru Forum Member

This is definitely related to how the software handles the interference.

11. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

READ WHAT I POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD: IM USING CD'S

I took my cdjs with traktor this weekend to the club, played friday and sundays 5 hrs each day, have to use it on relative mode because of my problem, but anyways, on friday had a problem when i started playing a song the pitch went all the way up by itself this happened to me twice, after the first time I changed the pitch setting to 8% because it was 35 just in case will happen again, after the second time I went to the settings and check the reset everytime you load a trak and never happened again the rest of the nigh and saturday, now on saturday a very weird thing happened to me, load a track that wasnt beatgrid and beatgridded so when i went from internal mode to relative mode and pressed play it started to play backward very fast, couldnt figure it out tryed absolute mode and the same so went back to internal mode, good thing that the song was on a different beat and was just going to fade it and not mix it, after the song finished I tryed everything and it started working after I started playing track number 1 witch its the lead track then was fine the rest of the night... besides that I was very pleased, none of this problems affected my set and happy to have my CDJS back in action I really missed them. but there is a bug on relative mode thats for sure.

12. Sinjintek

Sinjintek NI Product Owner

you shouldn't do that. go spend a buck and get yourself a bottle of 90% isopropyl alcohol and some q-tips.

13. jaysen

jaysen NI Product Owner

yeah the reverse thing happened to me also when playing out. It happened on deck B twice. I also had a calibration error saying that the left channel was out. I checked all the cabling and everything was hooked up correctly and no lose connections. I cleaned out cartridge/stylus and tonearm. Plus switched to a different cartridge/stylus. Also disarmed and rearmed the calibration button fo0r deck B. Funny thing is when I use it at home everything works like a charm so when it happens when I am playing out I am feeling mighty salty!

14. djquartz

This problem has been identified and corrected so it should not happen in future releases.

15. jaysen

jaysen NI Product Owner

Is there a scheduled release date for the 1.1 update?

16. djquartz

17. Simon L

Simon L Forum Member

this happened to me twice on Friday night when playing out.....had to restart each time (which meant playing a non traktor vinyl). I'm on a Mac using 1.0.2.......when will this bug be fixed?

18. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

19. KRAK ONE

KRAK ONE Forum Member

One more...

Happend to me once when playing out right after starting the app/calibrating...

20. hamzter

hamzter Forum Member

I had a problem with TS playing in reverse, but have not had that problem in quite a while.

It was right after an upgrade of TS. I rebooted and have not seen it since... KOW...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.