1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockin an MK1

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Moffit, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Moffit

Moffit NI Product Owner

WHo's still rockin an MK1? Had this puppy since the beginning of time but it's still doing the do. Things have changed, but nothing much overall. Hooked up to Ableton & Jam and komplete kopntrol KYBRD its a killer combo

• Like Like x 2
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes here too in my bedroom and I take it almost every day at work and it still rocks.

Uwe

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

If some of the knobs wouldn't have started misbehaving, I'd still be using my first gen mk1 controller. Now I'm using an mk2 controller which I like a little bit better tbh. Not because of the fancy colours, I still use only one, but because of the inverted screens, the slightly improved pads and the clicky buttons. I still prefer the Volume/Tempo/Swing knobs of the mk1 though as they allow you to change parameters more directly. And I'm getting an mk2 Mikro soon to toy around in my living room when I can't go upstairs to my attic music room.

4. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

my mk1 is still in mint condition

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bojay

Bojay NI Product Owner

I just bought a used macbook pro from 2015 and its running mac osx 12.14.6 and i have a mk1 that i want to use it with. Is there a way to use my maschine mk1 with mac osx 12.14.6??

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

7. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

mk1 4 life homey hahaha

mine is 100% and is now more than 10 years old and it has been sweated on, travelled with, it has performed in many dirty places, dropped and generally hammered daily

true story: i removed one of my plastic films off the right hand screen last week :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

yep still using my mk1 and mk2 mikro both still look brand new and I use them nearly everyday..best pad controllers ive ever had and ive had most over my life..id say second best is arturia sparkle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

been thinking about selling the MK3, i just hooked up my MK1 for the first time in almost two years. took me a minute to get used to it, but in some ways i actually prefer this to the MK3. it just seems very simple/direct, more like a drum machine/sampler from the 80s/90s or something. i wasn't sure at first if i could do without the MK3, but for what i do the MK1 is just as good as it ever was. might get another MK3 down the line, but right now it offers almost zero advantage to me. been using my TR-8S the past few days as an audio interface and it's working out pretty well.

the MK1 was one of the best purchases i've ever made, totally changed working ITB for me (along with the APC40mkII) ...and the hardware is still going strong ten years later.

10. Kaydigi

Kaydigi NI Product Owner

I still have the plastic on my mk1 screens.

11. winrow3745

winrow3745 New Member

Me too.

(Is that what that movement was all about?):)