Routing audio maschine<->traktor with jack in windows 7

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by xine44, Jul 13, 2012.

1. xine44

xine44 Forum Member

Hi all,
    i have just setup the audio communication between maschine and traktor, and set maschine as a slave, and traktor as the master. So the timestretch function is now possible "in" maschine, treated in traktor, and put in a maschine dedicated tracks.

I don't know if you are concerned, but in windows, without a dedicated external audio hardware, the only solution was jack as an equivalent as mac's soundflower ...

So here the tutorial:

1-Download jack
    32b => http://jackaudio.org/downloads/Jack_v1.9.8_32_setup.exe
    64b => http://jackaudio.org/downloads/Jack_v1.9.8_64_setup.exe
    2-Download ASIO4ALL
    http://tippach.business.t-online.de/asio4all/downloads_1/ASIO4ALL_2_10_English.exe
    3-Installation (no probs here, no reboot required)
    4-Configuration

start/all programs/jack right click on "Jack PortAudio" and drag drop on desktop
    do the same with "Jack Control" icon

right-click on "Jack PortAudio" desktop's icon and click on properties
    in target field, replace with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jack\jackd.exe" -R -S -d portaudio -d "ASIO::ASIO4ALL v2"
    click on "apply" then "ok" to close the box

Double click now on the "Jack PortAudio" desktop's icon (no administrator rights !)
    a cmd windows appears that you can minimize.

Start Traktor
    =>Audio setup
    Audio device jackrouter
    => Output routing/external
    Output Deck A L -> 1:Out0 R -> 2:Out1
    Output Deck B L -> 1:Out0 R -> 2:Out1
    Output Deck C L -> 3:Out2 R -> 4:Out3
    Output Deck D L -> 3:Out2 R -> 4:Out3
    (C and D are my remix decks)
    => Midi Clock :
    check Send Midi Clock
    => Controller Manager
    "Add" / "Generic Midi"
    "Edit" / "Edit Comment"
    Type the name eg "Midi clock"
    Choose the midi port to send the sync
    "Edit" / "Export" to save this new device

Close Traktor

Start Maschine / audio and midi settings /
    Driver: jack
    Device: jack audio device

Go on midi tab and set "on" the midi in port for the midi sync

Click "ok" to close the window

Select File/Sync to external midi clock

Close Maschine

Double click now on the "Jack PortAudio" desktop's icon, the mini jack administration windows appears.

Click on "connect" button, the connect map appears with only the system icon.

Click on "Disconnect All" to reset all the pre-conf

Start Maschine and wait 15s, the Maschine icon appears in the map box

Expand Maschine in the left col of the box, expand System in the right col of the box.
    - Drag and drop Maschine out 1 L on playback_1 (or first item in the system's input audio port)
    - Drag and drop Maschine out 1 R on playback_2 (or second item in the system's input audio port)
    Collapse the maschine list in the left col

Start Traktor and wait that the traktor icon appears in jack connect's box

Expand Traktor in the left col of the box, expand Maschine in the right col of the box.
    - Drag and drop Traktor out 1 on Maschine In 1 L
    - Drag and drop Traktor out 2 on Maschine In 1 R
    - Drag and drop Traktor out 3 on Maschine In 2 L
    - Drag and drop Traktor out 4 on Maschine In 2 R

Close this map-box

Create in Maschine an intrument with "input" in first tab and select "Ext in 1"
    for decks A and B input

Create in Maschine another intrument with "input" in first tab select "Ext in 2"
    for decks C and D

Maschine is start in traktor / click on metronome / play-pause in "send" Transport Area

NB:
    Don't edit preferences from Maschine/Traktor if jack-control windows is started, just if jack port audio only is started
    You can use patch bay in jack-control windows to automating the connection
    Always launch jack port audio, then jack-control, then maschine then traktor
    If a prob appears with sound, or maschine/traktor, you must all close, and all relaunch

Hope it help's ;)

2. Kobg124

Kobg124 New Member

I know this is kind of old but i still have a little trouble doing this. no mini jack administration windows appeared during the last steps. i dont understand the part where you Click on "connect" button, the connect map appears with only the system icon. Any kind of help would be greatly aprecciated

3. Akenfqs

Akenfqs New Member

My problems start there : start/all programs/jack right click on "Jack PortAudio" and drag drop on desktop
    do the same with "Jack Control" icon

I can see Jack Command, Jack control and Jack netdriver, no Jack PortAudio here :(

Also, I don't understand how I should do if I want to use my sound card to route to my headphones ?

4. Malachi Poe

Malachi Poe New Member

This has worked great for me until I upgraded from Traktor 2.7 to Traktor 2.10 and beyond. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall all pieces and followed the Jack install instructions to a T. I can only get Jack to work with 2.7. The other versions close Traktor upon selecting Jack audio; with error that states - "Traktor 2 has stopped working -- A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." If anyone has any information on why this is the case, PLEASE respond!