1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

S2 keeps crashing

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by houseproject, Jun 29, 2012.

1. houseproject

houseproject New Member

os/ windows 7 64 bit Pentium dual core 2.2ghz 4gb ram 500gb hard drive
    Hi im new to the forum and would like some guidance. I have been using my s2 since oct 2011 and have had no issues until recently. i installed the 2.5 update and traktor keeps crashing on me. It looks like it stops analyzing the tracks at a particular music folder on start up. I have a lot of playlists and my track collection in traktor is 189gb. (maybe this is the problem) and sometimes i select any track and it just crashes. i also have problems importing a new folder to a playlist same problem crashes. i am thinking i might have to delete playists to free up RAM but i am unsure and really dont want to delete any playllists as i like to switch genres and styles on the fly which is why i created these playlists in the 1st place. its only a problem since i updated to 2.5. can anyone help before i start deleting all my playlists to see if thats the problem. as i say im new to the forum and would appreciate any guidance in helping me with this problem d(-_-)b

2. rodders74

rodders74 New Member

Having pretty much the same problem, was all fine from when i got my mac book and traktor 2 back in January, then a month or so ago it started crashing/shutting down..has happened in few live situations now. Even been to westend dj, and the guys have checked it out, seem to have sorted it, only for it to start crashing again. Frustrating because i only use my mac book for gigs, and everything is not even half a year old. Will head to Westend again today..need to sort it before this weekend's gig or it's back to burning cds. :(