1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

S4 & DVS -External Pitch changes are laggy

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by TGICarrie, Dec 19, 2021.

1. TGICarrie

TGICarrie New Member

Hi guys

Have recently succumbed to temptation and swapped out my Kontrol Z2 for an S4 Mk3 (the limited edition purple was the last straw). It feels very different, and I am still getting used to it. The S4 is fun though! Jog wheels are new for me, and I love the idea that with my 1210s, I could play across 4 decks in a way the Z2 can’t (I use remix decks but want to be able to flip, too)

The problem I am finding is that the S4 is a bit laggy, or non-responsive. I had some issues calibrating Traktor control vinyl but that seemed to sort itself out.

Now though, I don’t know. I have been using Traktor with analog mixers for years and this is the first time I have found that pitch changes on a TT don’t immediately translate to BPM changes within TP. I don’t get it. I can crank the pitch right down and take 20 BPM out of a track, but TP still thinks its playing at the same rate . Playback is of course, as expected, pitch bended and BPM down – but the apparent digital BPM is unchanged, or very slow to change - at best it is taking 1.5 -2 seconds to recover the true bpm (this is regalrdess of keylock) If I want to sync a remix deck (which I do) to decks A or B or pick up samples from A or B, forget it.

This is very obviously an S4 Mk3 problem. Any ideas?

2. TGICarrie

TGICarrie New Member