1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

S4 MK3 Control Mapping for manual loop out move

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S4' started by aweeeezy, Jun 8, 2019.

1. aweeeezy

aweeeezy NI Product Owner

I've got the controller mapping necessary in order to have manual loop in/out using the rev/flx buttons (see the attached screenshot).

I'm left wondering how to map loop out + jog wheel turn in order to tighten/loosen the loop out.

I think what I want is to map the function "Backward Loop Size Select + Set" but I'm unable to learn the jog wheel turn and I can't find anything remotely similar to the jog wheel in the drop down list :/

Any pointers?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

The command to use is either "loop size select", then you can make it work like the loop knob, or you use the commands "move" + "move mode = loop out" with "move size [value]" and a value equal to the increment size. Sadly the wheel can't be overmapped.

3. aweeeezy

aweeeezy NI Product Owner

Thanks for your reply

"Sadly the wheel can't be overmapped"

That is sad! Too bad :( Maybe that will change one day -- manual loop out adjustments are so useful!

• Like Like x 1
  4. wontheone1

wontheone1 New Member

I also badly need this manual in and out and adjusting with the wheel.

5. Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh NI Product Owner

Mk1/Mk2 Jog Wheels + mapping override was a major selling point for me. I am also very disappointed. I'm not holding my breath though.

6. wontheone1

wontheone1 New Member

Hey all.

I solved this problem by the following... you can customize this according to your taste once you get the idea.

X deck Set Loop IN: Shift + select deck X + reverse
    X deck Set Loop OUT: Shift + select deck X + flux
    X deck (move) mode selector: Shift + select deck X + push move button <- use this to select Loop in / out
    X deck move: Shift + select deck X + turn move button <- use this to actually adjust the loop length
    X deck (move) size selector: Shift + select deck X + turn loop button <- change how much you want to adjust the loop length

I am uploading my .tsi file with controller setting (I can't upload .tsi so I added .txt in the end. You should remove it if you want to import).

Sidenote
    I uploaded this mapping to DJ TechTools
    I am a computer programmer (JVM languages) / aspiring DJ. It would be nice if in the future if I could contribute Traktor PRO software. :)

Attached Files:

7. Jonathan Ospina

Jonathan Ospina New Member

I used this and works perfectly. Thank you so much. I didn’t use this feature too often but occasionally I will and it’s essential for me. Thanks again