S4 Mk3 Remix Deck use all 8 pads

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by micropizza, Dec 4, 2018.

1. micropizza

micropizza NI Product Owner

Some people like myself, use the remix decks to trigger samples while DJing, the current S4 mk3 setup only allowing 4 of your 8 pads at a time to trigger a sample is just a waste of 4 of the pads, I've already set volumes filters etc for them in advance, an option to switch to an 8-pad mode without those controls is a must really. It's currently a real step down coming from an S5.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MonosBeats

MonosBeats New Member

I'm pretty sure you can do this through custom mapping. Trying it tomorrow.

But yea the option to choose betweem 4 and 8 pr deck would be awesome.

3. micropizza

I couldn't find anything, let me know if you have better luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. MonosBeats

MonosBeats New Member

Here got it

5. micropizza

C̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶?̶ ̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶ ̶p̶a̶d̶s̶ ̶5̶-̶8̶.̶
    Never mind, got it working/

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  6. MonosBeats

MonosBeats New Member

7. micropizza

Ah I just got it working before you posted this....

I use alot of vocal loops, percussion loops etc though, and this workaround is too clunky unfortunately.
    Can't find any mappable way of stopping a 5-8 slot once it's started, and I don't want 4 loops playing at once - pads 1-4 stop is shift+push again, closest i found to assign to 5-8 was stop/delete/load slots mappable, but its too easy to accidently wipe out my samples if pushed more than once, so no good in a live situation.

I think I'll be going back to my S5, as Remix Decks seem such an afterthought on this controller.

Thanks anyway!

8. MonosBeats

MonosBeats New Member

You are right.
    The looper triggers the 4 slots and there are no mappings for choosing which sample in the slots :|

So you can't make loops with more than 4 drums =o

(I did not get them to even record for the loop, tried alot, but no luck)