1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

S49 not working with Komplete Kontrol

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Young Blew, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Young Blew

Young Blew NI Product Owner

Good morning all. I've been going through the threads and can't seem to find my exact problem.
    My S49 will not work with Komplete Kontrol. It will work as a midi controller, but no browsing or any other functions.

I had a hard drive fail, so I installed a SSD and a new 4TB internal drive. I did a fresh install of K10U then I installed K11U. I put all of the libraries on one of my four internal hard drives. I even rescanned all of the paths, still nothing.

I don't have pro tools installed yet, as I mistakenly updated to an OSX version that is incompatible with Pro Tools 10 and most of my plugins don't work on Pro Tools 11. It used to work fine before the hard drive failed on me. Some one please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

2. Young Blew

Young Blew NI Product Owner

Just got this issue resolved with NI. If you are having this issue on a Mac, do the following.

1.Go delete your Controller Editor p.list, your Komplete Kontrol p.list, then delete both apps from your NI folder located in applications.
    2.Unplug your Komplete Kontroller.
    3.Empty the trash.
    4.Close all open apps and browsers.
    5.Restart your computer.
    6. Go to natIve instruments.com. Click on, Support >Drivers and other files, re-install the Controller Editor.
    7.Restart your computer.
    8.Go back to native instruments.com. Click on, Support > Drivers and other files.
    9.Re-install Komplete Kontrol.
    10.Plug in your Komplete Kontroller.
    11.Power up your Komplete Kontroller.
    12.Launch Komplete Kontrol.
    13. Make some banging ass tracks.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  3. Murdox

Murdox New Member

Just be careful when you finally do install Pro Tools. The Avid Core Audio Plugin makes it impossible to use the browser functionality and whatnot AGAIN. You will be back to square one! You have to temporarily move the Avid driver out of the Driver folder to get it to work, but then, of course, you can't monitor external audio through Pro Tools. Maybe they will fix it in 10 years.

Edit: Just checked, and amazingly the new update from AVID may have finally addressed this longstanding issue:

The following issues have been fixed with HD Driver 12.6.1:

• iTunes doesn’t work with HDX and HD Native interfaces on OS X 10.10, OS X 10.11 and macOS 10.12
    • Avid CoreAudio Manager breaks Native Instruments products on OS X 10.10, OS X 10.11 and macOS 10.12
    • Restart/Shutdown is prevented by CoreAudio component of the HD driver installed more info

• Like Like x 1