S61 MK2 freezing and not booting

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Dillon Fontaine, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Dillon Fontaine

Dillon Fontaine NI Product Owner

I have had an issue where my keyboard will either freeze compleatly, or else the transport or other logic integration will stop functioning. If I try to power cycle they keyboard it just gets stuck at the screen that says Komplete Kontrol | Smart Keyboard Controller. Seems like the only way to fix this is to reboot my Mac. It’s a pain in the ass because I have to close my projects down reboot and then reload everything.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Here is the screen I get stuck at...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Luis Vendrell

Luis Vendrell NI Product Owner

Which software are you trying to connect to?

3. Dillon Fontaine

I’ve noticed it with both Logic X and Komplete Kontrol stand alone... havnt tried connecting to anything else when it happens.

4. Dillon Fontaine

I shouldn’t be getting stuck at that screen even when I don’t have any software loaded. Normally it loaded to midi mode when no software is loaded.

This is where it should normally boot to... I think it even gets to this screen before Mac OS is loaded.

[​IMG]

5. Luis Vendrell

Yes it gets to the midi screen first on standalone. Did you update your firmware in your KK mk2? There was an update a few days ago.

6. Dillon Fontaine

I checked for updates but it didn’t show any... wasnt the update just to the KK software?

7. Luis Vendrell

I got an update on dec 14 2017 which was called kk2_mk2_updater_110_mac.zip when I downloaded Maschine 2.70.

8. Luis Vendrell

do you have the latest?

• After updating KOMPLETE KONTROL or installing a new KOMPLETE or NKS instrument, run KOMPLETE KONTROL as a stand-alone application before using it as a plug-in
    • When running the stand-alone version of KOMPLETE KONTROL for the first time, open Preferences > MIDI and enable all MIDI input ports for the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard
    • For host integration setup, refer to the online KOMPLETE KONTROL documentation. KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK1 users upgrading from KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.8.3 or lower MUST replace their Ableton Live scripts for Ableton Live integration to function correctly
    ADDED Cubase and Nuendo Integration

• Easy-to-set-up, reliable and fast KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 keyboard integration with Cubase Pro, Cubase Artist and Nuendo
    ADDED Configure the MIDI Touch Strip assignment using KOMPLETE KONTROL standalone's MIDI Assignent Editor

ADDED Select Global Velocity Curve via SETUP page on KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 hardware

ADDED KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Hardware Accessibility for macOS

• Hardware accessibility features for visually-impaired users enabled by holding the top left button [SHIFT] and pressing the top right button [MIXER] (macOS only)
    ADDED Support for macOS 10.13

IMPROVED Increased character limit for MIDI Knob and Button labels

FIXED Intermittent issue when navigating to KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 PLUG-IN page from BROWSER

FIXED Intermittent KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 PLUG-IN button flashes

FIXED Tempo displayed on KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 is now consistent with value changes

9. Dillon Fontaine

I did upgrade Komplete Kontrol software. I havnt used it much since, so we will see. It really doesn’t seem like an issue with the KK software though... at bare minimum they keyboard should boot up and act as a midi controler... when this problem occurs it won’t even do that. It just stops at the keyboards boot screen as shown on my original post... only rebooting the Mac fixes this. It can happen randomly but seems to happen most consistently after my computer goes to sleep and then wakes up.

This leads me to believe that NI has something running on my Mac in the background that is communicating with my keyboard... and something is happening to that... or is there some sort of Mac midi control software that could be causing it?

10. Kirk F

Kirk F New Member

Dillon, did you find a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem but on a Windows 10 machine.

11. -=WRK=-Rigon

-=WRK=-Rigon NI Product Owner

I'm now having the same issue, started just this morning, worked fine yesterday. I have updated to the latest version but it hasn't helped. Win 10.
    That happens if i turn it on while windows is running, if i restart windows it boots just as windows shuts down and then works fine when i start it back up.

12. Syntraxx

Syntraxx NI Product Owner

im hving the same issue on a windows machine.... when i try the firmware updater it cant even find my keyboard

13. BigDROP

BigDROP New Member

I’m having the same issue I’ve noticed if you open any other software wile using mashine stand alone it happens the keys play but you loose all midi knob function and transport control octave up and down still works ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ Gofigure

Attached Files:

14. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

On Windows go to device manager and delete all devices belonging to the keyboard, windows will ask if it also should delete the drivers there say yes, then re install drivers

Uwe

15. GoaSkin

GoaSkin NI Product Owner

The reason for this behavior also may be a bad USB connection. You should try if another USB cable or another USB port on your computer solves this problem.

16. Adam collins

Adam collins New Member

Hi but there is only one driver you can reinstall

17. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes, if you mean my post, but it installs more than one device (3 afaik) under windows device manager

18. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes, if you mean my post, but it installs more than one device (3 afaik) under windows device manager

19. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

20. zikayan

zikayan New Member

Hi there,
    seems this post can go up : I'm experimenting the same issue since on a S49 mk2 I've updated to KK 2.1.4 a few days ago.
    Under Logic or Komlplete Kontrol standalone, sometimes the keyboard freeze, then go back to basic midi functions (no more control on Logic, or KK functions like browser and so on). I have to power off/on it to restore.
    nb. seems it appears more frequently under standalone Komplete Kontrol, or playing a Komplete Kontrol track.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019