S8/S5 Display Mods

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Sydes, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

skymakai I'm happy with my mods as they are, so I have no plans to add more features. A couple of weeks ago I did clean up the master mod and add minute markers as well. I'm personally using the deck layout from the master mod combined with the browser from the prime mod, which works great.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. skymakai

skymakai Member

Totally understand and appreciate all you've done. I switched over to the Master Mod for a gig yesterday and liked it a lot.

I have been hesitant to start messing with trying to use a different Browser mod. Would you be willing to give instructions on how to swap out the Browser mod?

3. ErikMinekus

It depends on the mod, so it's best to just use a folder compare tool to see all the differences between the original qml folder and a mod. It should be clear by the folders and filenames which files are related to the browser.

4. apprentice01

apprentice01 New Member

hi all
    I love all the mods for the traktor s8
    thanks guys for all your work
    i have a slight issue

for some reason and it doesn't happen with all the tracks but the comment field where i have my harmonic key is different from traktor and my s8

it's strange because i don't know where it's picking up the info

using updated traktor
    win version
    traktor prime mod

IMG_20171224_051324.jpg IMG_20171224_051334.jpg

5. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

Hey Erik what files do I need to replace to have it like this ? and is it possible to have the cue colors within the master ?

6. dgsp

dgsp Member

works this mods with the latest update ?

7. hate

hate New Member

Yes, tested the prime Mode today. Its awesome! Thank You guys for your work!

8. MichaelKMusic

ErikMinekus Hey I have noticed that in the latest version 2.11.2 the prime mod no longer shows the camelot key in the right corner of the screen just a heads up hope it can be fixed.

9. ErikMinekus

I think most people don't like the cue colors, so I have no plans to add them to the master mod.

I tested the prime mod with 2.11.2 and the camelot keys worked fine. Does it show undefined or something else?

10. MichaelKMusic

Its just the Camelot key doesn't show up on the right side of the main screen beside the bpm. its just blank I circled it with my horrible paint skills lol
    [​IMG]

11. Michel46

Michel46 New Member

[Zitat = "Fosky, Post: 1548846, Mitglied: 338686"] Danke, Bert. Ich habe es gerade ausprobiert.

View attachment 49222

• Like Like x 1
  12. hate

hate New Member

How does this work?

German:
    Wie funktioniert das? Kann ich da mein eigenes Logo reinmodden?

13. Michel46

Michel46 New Member

weiss ich leider auch nicht

14. Moreno484

Moreno484 New Member

Hey guys,

Im not very good in coding but i gave it a try, some things about the prime mod i could't live with so i changed a few things..

- Changed the cue point colours (pads and onscreen) back to normal Traktor colours
    - Made second fx small
    - Bpm and Key adjust in a smaller overlay screen
    - Coloured waveform from nexus mod
    - Browse sort overlay smaller

Thank to Sydes and ErikMinekus for the awesome work!

Optimized-IMG_0146.jpg Optimized-IMG_0145.jpg Optimized-IMG_0142.jpg Optimized-IMG_0141.jpg

download:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhDaBHbiX-HNmrtHs99F5mKMlVvDXw

Install:
    Navigate to /Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2
    Right click Traktor.app, then click Show Package Contents
    Navigate to Contents/Resources/qml
    Make a backup of this folder!
    Replace the qml folder
    Restart Traktor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Moreno484

Moreno484 New Member

Go to in to the contents of Traktor
    Resources>qml>Screens>Views>Images
    And edit the "EmptyDeck.png" file

16. hate

hate New Member

Thanks!

17. hate

hate New Member

Hey guys, since today my primemod is doing something i dont understand. i havent changed anything on purpose. When i browse for a track, lets say ist 12A Key and i load it it shows me in the top right corner 6A Key ? Some know how to fix this?

18. hate

hate New Member

Got it, solution is to add Key Text or Key to the Track Decks Deck header.

19. hate

hate New Member

Ok, something weir is going on, it works on every deck except on deck a? some advice?

20. Tommyjarvis

Tommyjarvis New Member

Is there any way to implement the "color coding" added in 2.11 ? I just bought a S8 and I rely heavily on the color coding of my tracks, I think it's a great way to know the "vibe" of the track. I don't think that the mods available are proposing a way to add that so I wanted to know if this is possible on a technical level. adding a column "color" or maybe just coloring the background of the track name just like in the browser.