S88 returned from NI repair centre with glue all over B3 key!

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Iestyn, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Iestyn

Iestyn New Member

The B3 key suddenly stopped working on my S88 Mk1 exactly 3 years after I bought it. I was asked to send it to the LetMeRepair centre in Germany. I paid for the courier from the UK to German and for the repair. The S88 arrived back with me last week, there were no details of the actual repair, or why the B3 key issue had suddenly developed. On unpacking my S88, I was shocked to find it had some glue like sustance all over the B3 key which was not there when I sent the S88 away.

I can't get the glue off and I don't know if it is harmeful because I don't know exactly what it is so at the moment my S88 is unusable. I have attached 2 photos of the glue on the B3 key.

I have tried raising a support ticket only to be told there will be a charge for NI repair centre (LetMeRepair) to remove the glue that they themselves put on my S88 and to make it even worse, I will have to pay the courier costs to send it to them again from the UK.

I have tried calling NI in the UK to complain, bizarrely the on-hold announcement started by saying I was second in the queue and the call waiting time was 1 minute. After over 20 minutes on hold it had gradually moved to I was the second in the queue and the call waiting time was 19 minutes so I hung up and tried to call the NI head-office number on the contact section. The number rang a few times then went to numbe unobtainable.

To say that I am now totally unimpressed with NI is an understatement. This is just beyond a joke, Native Instruments support seems to be almost nonexistant.

I am a professional musician and composer, NI are supposed to be offering professional kit for professionals and they need to very seriously take a look at their whole customer support if they want to be continue to be the company of choice for professionals.

There is absolutely no way I am going to spend any more money on the S88 to correct something that th NI repair centre caused and if this issue is not satisfactrilly resolved by NI quickly then I am going to order an 88 note controller from a competitor and get rid of the S88 altogether. I expected much more from NI, if this is how they treat their customers then I won't be staying a customer for much longer.

Attached Files:

2. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hello there,

Matt here from Support (Berlin). I want o jump in here and first let me apologize by what seems to be a rather messy support experience.

I'd like to understand which number you were calling ? We currently don't have any phone support and our office number is not listed on our website anywhere as far as I can see. If you have any issues with your hardware return, the best is usually to get to us via email and forward us a complaint so it can be addressed by the lead. I'm also available here via PM or public post if needed.

In regards to the issue itself, may I please grab your ticket number ? I will review this with the hardware folks here in Berlin so we can help you with this as soon as possible. Rest assured, we will contact the repair center and make sure this is fixed if the key was not in this state when you set it the first time.

3. Iestyn

Iestyn New Member

Hi Matt,

The current support ticket is: 2113366 for the glue on the B3 key issue. The previous support ticket which is where I sent the S88 in for repair was:2075935

The NI UK contact number: 0207 920 7500 is the one on the NI Uk facebook page, the Germany head-office contact number I called is the one showing on your NI website under the company contact heading, but I now see that it is showing as just a fax, not a voice line so that will explain why it rang then went to number unobtainable.

Iestyn

4. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Hi Iestyn! Could you please share a link to that page? As we dont have an official NI UK page, so I'd love to take a look at this

Thanks!

5. Iestyn

Iestyn New Member

6. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Got your PM Lestyn so we can stay in touch about this case. The social media team will look into this page as well ;)

7. Blindeddie

Blindeddie NI Product Owner

Says right at the top of the FB page that it is an Unofficial Page and the mouse over description states:

"This unofficial Page was created because people on Facebook have shown interest in this place or business. It's not affiliated with or endorsed by anyone associated with Native Instruments UK Ltd."

Peace,

Blindeddie