Sample playback volume too low

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by astrochump, Feb 21, 2020.

1. astrochump

astrochump NI Product Owner

Hi,

The waveforms are big and sound loud enough on other wav players but when I load them into maschine mk3 they play ok but you can hardly hear them.

Audio Preferences is set to ASIO and Maschine Mk3 device

Can't find any info on this problem. Any suggestions?

Thx

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Group Volume level maybe?

3. astrochump

No not that.

I did notice something curious though. If I click on the sample (in Group A1 column) on the computer the volume is normal but if I use the pad on the Maschine the volume is very low..

Wonder why that is?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      260.7 KB
      Views:
  4. astrochump

Obviously something to do with the way I am triggering the samples ... but no idea what. It seems very complicated compared to using a DAW

5. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

Have you set pads to fixed velocity at really low? this is done @ kit level

is this problem the same on all projects new and old?

if so

have you observed your pad settings in hardware prefs? see pic.

Attached Files:

6. astrochump

Checked that - it wasn't the issue.

Strangely, the problem has corrected itself. So I can't diagnose it now.

I had noticed previously that some of the NI library sounds seemed far too quiet. I reckon it is somehow related to that. I am a newbie on Maschine and there is a lot I don't understand about how to use it but even so... some instinct suggests this is a bug rather than the way I use it. Triggering a wav seems to be such a basic action. OTH, no one else seems to have reported the problem so I don't know. Could be a problem with my Zoom 24 driver or even how my sound is configured in Windows 7 I suppose.

I had hoped to leave all this computer crap behind when I bought the maschine. That was naive haha

7. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

i am windows 7, i have never encountered this so i doubt it is a bug and i lean toward user error - that is not a dig, just the way the report speaks

maschine library seems pretty solid to me after 11 years with it, what parts of the .lib are quiet in your opinion? things like this are so much easier to diagnose if we have some info, example if you said it was the reaktor sounds or the accordion samples etc etc - if it happens again try to take note and at least then we could corroborate info and let you know it isn't user error or worse a bug

hahahaaa unfortunately we are never leaving computer crap behind, maschine allows a lot of it but we still need to set it up

8. astrochump

No dig taken. I sincerely hope you're right! I can say that playback generally in Asio/Machine mk3 seems poor quality and quiet compared to Asio/zoom24. and wavs play at normal volume in the latter. So that's interesting. It doesn't explain the library sound playback issues tho. I'll try and come back with some more solid info/examples