Save crashes?

Discussion in 'KOMPAKT' started by rpmartino, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfhyde

jfhyde NI Product Owner

Briguy relax....u know this happens when u fall behind on u'r meds!!

take a deep breath, good, now repeat after me, "NI are aware of the problem and a Kompakt update is on its way. Don't know when...but it won't be too long."

Now, u can be creative without kompakt, why don't u write some music, and then when the update is out, u'll have a brand new tool.

2. dorism

dorism NI Product Owner

Hi Briguy,

I totally understand your frustration.
    When Kontakt shipped the DXi was a big pile of poo as well, but it is now the most amazing instrument I have ever used. Its stable, efficient and sounds great. Despite my early frustrations and down time I'm glad I stuck by NI & Kontakt.

I'd like to think NI have learned from their experience with Kontakt, and will release small,frequent service packs in future so we don't end up waiting 5months for critical bugs to get squashed.

Hang in there fella.

cheers
    Michael

p.s. NI should widen the DXi beta testing pool. I'd be happy to do it if it and I'm sure others on the board would do too.

3. jfhyde

jfhyde NI Product Owner

Project 5 with Kompakt

Put me on the list too!! Seriously though;I wonder how many DXi users there are out there, definately feel that we're not a priority when NI releases its products.

On a side note I tried Kompakt last night with Project 5, did a lot of work with it and then just quit Project 5 altogether, no problems! hmmmm, then i remembered the crash usually occurs when you close out the file u'r working on. Started Project 5, opened the file, few edits then closed the file, sure enough, crash!

John

4. Briguy

Briguy NI Product Owner

My appologies

Hey first of all Users and moderators I just wanted to appologize for my attitude. I normally don't vent like that. Don't get me wrong I know software always has bugs and for the most part they get fixed. I really really love NI products. In know way did I mean to cut them up in any way shape or form, trust me on that one. I'm a huge Ni fan of coarse. So ddas no pun intended!. I do believe that NI should increase the number of beta testin, especially those that use DXi. I think it would severly help the developers. I know some companies are all for it and some not for there personal reasons. I guess I just felt like a little kid at christmas again when I got Kompakt to only open the box and discover that the Product doesn't work lol. Any way thanks for all your input. I'll patiently wait for the update.

5. Briguy

Briguy NI Product Owner

Well here we are a few months later with the latest updates and still I experience crashes and the odd lockup using KOMPAKT with Cake. Any more input people?.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.