1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Say hello to MASCHINE JAM

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Benjamin W @ NI, Sep 8, 2016.

1. CE3

CE3 NI Product Owner

Ableton & Logic are both great DAWs. I've also owned Push 2 before and think the flexibility of the Jam + A25 is a better fit for me.

I'm still in the early stages of learning Maschine and Maschine Jam, but so far I find both to be pretty intuitive. It's too early for me to know all the ways I'll integrate Maschine with my workflow. Maybe I'll be using standalone mode and exporting audio, too. I don't expect to be finishing entire songs in Maschine, maybe I will, but that's not why I bought it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

I'm currently experimenting with Ableton and Launchpad Pro. Man, I didn't realize what I was missing being a loyal slave to Pro Tools all these years.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Paging NI, will the Jam gain the promised features? A rep stated that NI was going to improve communication, let's have some.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I suppose it has improved on what it was ..........hey but Rome wasn't burnt in a day...................or was it?o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

That was three years ago wasn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. HammyHavoc

• Like Like x 1
  7. toneyrome

toneyrome NI Product Owner

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. CakeAlexS

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. affinia

affinia NI Product Owner

The left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. toneyrome

No one said this but you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. CakeAlexS

True. But it was a question not a statement, I assume the answer is "no" then.
    I have to admit I hate what-if-ary myself so I shall apologise for making an assumption.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. toneyrome

The answer isn't no or yes. I dont know. I do know he was the director of the product who made unfulfilled promises and then left the company. How you feel about that doesnt matter.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. CakeAlexS

Gee thanks..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Crazy Lou

Crazy Lou NI Product Owner

Maybe he was asked to leave for having too many good ideas. Money is the root of all evil. That’s why I like public projects. Free is free unless free is just the base product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

Im determined to get more out of jam this year...Im sick of it sitting there gathering dust. I dunno if theyve added any extra capability to it as its been so long since I actually used it. Heres hoping.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tempsperdu

I really cannot for the life of me understand anyone having Jam and not using it. True, like all NI stuff it could be improved, but I've found it to be a really useful asset, even as is.

• Like Like x 4
  17. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

I rarely use software and/or hybrids (other than Push 2)...when I have used maschine recently Ive just used the software without a controller...an MPC Live in standalone mode generally handles any sample based sounds for me. But Ive set up a separate part of my "studio" with its own rig to get more into software...I own enough of it so its about time I used it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. HammyHavoc

I want a Jam, if NI would simply show some kind of support for the Jam in terms of an added feature or a bug fix, something, I'd pick one up within hours, same day. I get this feeling that the Jam is NI's red-headed step-child (I know those feels having been one :eek:), I can see a lot of potential with what it could add to my workflow, faders could save me hours of screwing around with automating manually. Performing automation with faders is very nice.

With that said, I don't want a Jam MK2 to be announced as it stands. I'm tired of the pump-and-dump release schedule. NI makes some stunning controllers, some of the best around, but the software side lets them down horribly. They would have to be delusional to think that people would go and buy a MK2 after the colossal letdown the MK1's support has been.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tempsperdu

I think even with it's shortcomings the ease and speed which it allows you to do things makes it worth the money. Obviously it depends on your workflow. For me after being initially underwhelmed I can't imagine not having one and I haven't even learnt it properly yet. (I'm fighting for ginger rights here Luke :D)
    It would be easy to think if there is a follow up it will arrive in Q4 and be rather more than the current edition. I think we get NI's products in spite of NI as much if not more than because of them sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HammyHavoc

It's times like this that it becomes abundantly clear that we do want NI to get back on track despite how critical we both are of it. It's very good, it could just be so much more with a little development. Look at how fleshed out Reaper has become with just two devs over twelve years. We're less than two months away from Maschine hitting ten years old, and look at the overwhelming difference in software maturity.

I do want it, as do a few colleagues, just begrudge investing further into the ecosystem at this point when we are constantly looking if there are alternatives that could meet our needs. But I guess the argument could be made that it would get more out of the investment until there's something suitable or NI picks up the slack.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1