Implemented scales and chords

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by dasoli, Apr 26, 2015.

1. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

it is possible to insert the following scales and chords?
    some are already included. Me, missing only a few.;)
    scales
    .....name............................................................................structure................
    Ionic..(equivalent major)...........................................1......2...3....4....5....6....7
    Doric.........................................................................1.....2..b3....4....5....6..b7
    Phrygian...................................................................1...b2..b3....4....5..b6..b7
    Lydian.......................................................................1.....2....3..#4....5....6....7
    Mixolydian.................................................................1.....2....3....4....5....6..b7
    Aeolian..(Equivalent natural minor)...........................1.....2..b3....4....5..b6..b7
    Locrian......................................................................1...b2..b3....4..b5..b6..b7

Harmonic Minor 1......................................................1.....2..b3....4....5...b6...7
    Harmonic minor 2..(2nd mode of harmonic minor).....1...b2..b3....4..b5.....6.b7
    Harmonic minor 3......................................................1......2....3....4..#5.....6...7
    Harmonic minor 4......................................................1......2..b3..#4....5.....6.b7
    Harmonic minor 5......................................................1....b2....3....4....5...b6.b7
    Harmonic minor 6......................................................1....#2....3..#4....5.....6...7
    Harmonic minor 7......................................................1....b2..b3....3..b5...#5...6

Melodic Minor 1.........................................................1......2..b3....4....5.....6...7
    Melodic minor 2..(2nd mode of melodic minor)..........1....b2..b3....4....5.....6.b7
    Melodic minor 3.........................................................1......2....3..#4..#5.....6...7
    Melodic Minor 4.........................................................1......2....3..#4....5.....6.b7
    Melodic Minor 5.........................................................1......2....3....4....5...b6.b7
    Melodic minor 6.........................................................1......2..b3....4..b5...b6.b7
    Melodic Minor 7..(altered scale)................................1....b2..b3..b4..b5...b6.b7

Enigmatic..................................................................1.....b2....3..#4..#5...#6..7
    Neapolitan.................................................................1.....b2..b3....4....5....6...7
    Neapolitan Minor........................................................1.....b2..b3....4....5..b6...7
    Hungarian..(Gypsy)....................................................1......2...b3..#4....5..b6.b7
    Hungarian Minor.........................................................1......2...b3..#4....5..b6...7
    Oriental......................................................................1....b2.....3....4...b5.b6.b7
    Persian.......................................................................1....b2.....3....4...b5.b6...7

minor pentatonic..........................................................1...b3....4....5....7
    altered pentatonic scale...............................................1...#9....3..#5....7 (9=2+octave)
    pentatonic 7/9..............................................................1.....9....3....5....7
    sus 4 pentatonic...........................................................1.....9....4....5....7
    Indian pentatonic..........................................................1.....3....4....5....7
    7/#9 pentatonic scale...................................................1...#9....3....5....7
    m7b5 pentatonic...........................................................1...b3....4..b5....7
    Japanese pentatonic scale...........................................1...b9....4....5....7
    Minor Pentatonic 6........................................................1...b3....4....5....6
    Minor Pentatonic Major 7..............................................1...b3....4....5...maj.7

Chords
    with, first and second inversion.
    (possibly as a substitute for the chord sets?)

Triad: Major, minor, augmented, diminished, sus2, sus4.

seventh sus4
    maj. seventh #5
    seventh #5
    maj. seventh
    seventh
    Sixth
    seventh b5
    Minor maj.seventh
    minor seventh
    minor sixth
    minor seventh b5
    diminished seventh

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Markbenson116

Markbenson116 New Member

This would be cool, I tend to like the minor scale set 7 and not much else, be good to have more choice here

3. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

... I'd like that, too, but I would like to have the option to create my own scales even more. And with such a function us users will have made these missing scales in no time. So, I'd rather have the developers spending some time on a feature that would make Maschine automatically create chord set suggestions on chords we're playing in some sort of detection mode for that...

• Like Like x 5
  4. crescendo59

crescendo59 NI Product Owner

I would also like the ability to set the duration of the attack time for each note of a chord. As it is, all the notes are attacked at the same time and this is not realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Finbyber

Finbyber New Member

I would also like to create my own scales thank u

• Like Like x 3
  6. Markbenson116

Markbenson116 New Member

It would be great to have new sets of chords for extended chords
    I like the last 2 sets of minor chord sets but more would be welcome

7. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

@Markbenson116: I guess, a tool like this would be quite helpful for you. I haven't tested it, yet, and how it would work with Maschine (especially on a PC), but it looks really interesting and it seems to be able to do complex things...

(btw - didn't we meet at KVR some years ago?)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Markbenson116

Markbenson116 New Member

Thanks I have seen this but not spent enough time reading up on it cheers

And yes we did meet on kvr a long time ago I have sent you a pm

9. kolta

kolta NI Product Owner

what we really need is the ability too create our own chord sets , to save it .
    i don't agree at all the limitation to a few chords set more . cause it is again the same limitation .
    let us free at least with the harmony !! no limitations please !!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Narasimha Deva

Narasimha Deva New Member

Why are we missing basic modes like Dorian, Mixolydian, Phrygian, Lydian, etc? Also, Phrygian Dominant too. There are a bunch of utterly obscure, useless scales, but not these super important ones.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Narasimha Deva

Narasimha Deva New Member

Please! At least the basic modes!? My God. So many people asking for such an easy fix.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mitekillem

mitekillem New Member

I too would like these added. I'm having to rely upon 3rd party plugins which augment my Midi output for the keyboard, rather than being able to select it as a scale on the Maschine controller. It would add a lot more creatively.

• Like Like x 2
  13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Added to top requested sticky thread.

• Like Like x 1
  14. soulbrilliance

soulbrilliance NI Product Owner

It never ceases to blow my mind that the N.I.'s Ableton Live 9 templates have had vastly more integrated scale functions for Maschine as a controller in midi mode than the Maschine does in it's own hardware/software.

I can really use more of the basic scales/modes (Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian, Mixolydian) with their root notes located at square 1. Also, definitely melodic minor and its accompanying modes.

I can transpose from the "Major" and "Minor" scales, but this means that each of these essential modes starts at a different position, and this affects the usable range, while also being a lot to think about in live performance. Having these would be a game-changer for me, as my live performances rely on Maschine as a melody instrument as well as a rhythm instrument.

Of course, if there were a way to enter user scales, that would be over the top awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  15. soulbrilliance

soulbrilliance NI Product Owner

+1 Please! Also Melodic Minor. If it is at all possible, it would be wonderful to be able to write our own scales, but I'm not sure how feasible that is...

16. D-One

It's coming... hold your horses :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. D-One

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

Thanks for the note D-One.
    It took only three years!
    that's probably fast in this universe.:D;)
    Greetings from Germany

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. D-One

Thread started on Apr 26, 2015 :eek: