scene select record in logic and crashes

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by macmusic78, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macmusic78

macmusic78 New Member

Is it really true (i hope not) that scene selects can neither be recorded nor automated in a host sequencer like logic?So no jamming with scenes mutes and solo and using it afterwards?
    I searched the forum and read something about a teplate - but did not understand what was meant.

Also i experience quite a few crashs with maschine in logic 8 and sometimes it just stops working. Anybody got that problem too?

2. TechnoG0D

TechnoG0D NI Product Owner

You can change scenes within logic by creating program change messages. I have explained how to do this in the other thread that was created about logic 8. I haven't seen any crashes with Logic. I did notice that some sounds will stop playing in Maschine sometimes.

As other people have mentioned... You can create a midi templates in midi control mode of Maschine that has program changes mapped to the pads and you can then record the scene changes live in Logic 8 or any other DAW.

Here is the thread that explains program changes (post 8)
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81734

3. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

here is the Template link:

http://www.native-instruments.com/k...d+the+scene+switches+in+my+sequencer+project?

but it only works after you record it in Logic :( meaning you can't change scenes with this Template unless you record it onto a MIDI track. when you then press play, it works... i have reported this as a bug.

Re: crashes

did you use Maschine in Standalone Mode before you used it as an AU in Logic?

when, you installed the software without the Hardware Controller attached?

and you have the 1.0.2 update?

also, if you have a crash please say exactly what you were doing.

what do you mean, it stops working?

sowari

4. macmusic78

macmusic78 New Member

5. sowari

i haven't recorded Audio over a Maschine Loop, i'll see if i have time tomorrow.

what kind of Browsing? i did quite a lot of Browsing the other day - replacing snares whilst Maschine was running and had no crashes.

sowari

6. macmusic78

macmusic78 New Member

yeah - that kind of browsing - but on the hardware.

7. sowari

i was using the Hardware Controller to replace snares, whilst i was playing the track. but, then again i only had Maschine loaded as a plug-in, nothing else.

sowari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.