1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Scratch Pro Price Drop

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by sean00, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean00

sean00 New Member

So the price as dropped alot! to $335!

Does this mean something new is on its way?:cool:

2. Shaloo

Shaloo NI Product Owner

Something is not right with this prices. Some upgrade prices are more expensive then the full version of the program. Example: Traktor DUO full version 49 E, upgrade from LE is 69 E.

3. Frace

Frace Forum Member

I have no clue.

I doubt it'd be because they're going to release something like TSP2 with an all new Interface etc etc.

They wouldn't have had the Time while developing the S4.

Probably just to get some people to buy it, why not, lucky them :)

4. Thomas.K

Thomas.K New Member

sucks ! bought EDU version and stuck with it for nothing! (can't resell...)

5. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Hmm... something is going on, resellers are offering T(S)Pro at 50% off in the UK too

6. dj_stick

dj_stick NI Product Owner

and I just paid full price last month...

7. JonTa

JonTa Forum Member

Hmm, I would assume the TSP will get S4 software (payable!) upgrade.

But I got a question. Im using TSP for my club djing, while for home use Im planning on S4 kontroler. Will the S4 software license be valid for my TSP or I will need to pay for upgrade?

8. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

S4 and TSP are completely different products. There are no crossgrades upgrades etc between the 2. Each will get some of the others features at some later as yet unspecified date (I personally wouldn't expect anything till Q3 next year.)

9. WooDz

WooDz Forum Member

I would personally go the other way. Use your TSP for home and take the Kontrol S4 to the club. It's such a compact and powerful instrument and all you need is 2 cables to go from your master out into the club mixer.

10. mcgrory73

mcgrory73 Forum Member

I seem to remember them doing something very similar about two years ago during the transition from Traktor Scratch and Traktor to Traktor Scratch PRO and Traktor PRO.

My guess is existing owners of TSP/TP will be forking out for an upgrade, if they want the latest software (this seems fair enough to me after two years of TSP/TP being out).

Last time round, NI offered free upgrades to people who had bought either Traktor or Traktor Scratch just before TSP/TP came out...

I would bet at least 50p that a similar offer will be made here...

11. JonTa

JonTa Forum Member

Not a chance, I just love playing/controlling with TC vinyls. And lots of dj booths have problem accommodating my 13" MBP, forget about X1 or S4 for that matter.

But for home use and set preparing I love the idea of S4 infront my 23" cinema display ;)

12. electrogrimey

electrogrimey Forum Member

Yeah, why have the upgrades not gone down? I've Traktor Pro, and want to upgrade to Scratch, but it makes no sense that the upgrade is €200 dearer than just buying a new version of Scratch...

Any of the NI guys shed some light on this?

13. WooDz

WooDz Forum Member

I suppose even though NI have said that S4 software will only be for the KS4. I think after seeing this price reduction, a new 'KS4' type software is just around the corner for existing TSP owners. NI have already announced that sample decks will be added to TP and TSP. If there's thousands of people out there who just don't need the KS4 but want the software. A new TSP Upgrade would be the ticket.

BTW . I ordered my 299.- Euro TSP today.. It should be here tomorrow :D

14. DJSushiMango

DJSushiMango NI Product Owner

It makes total sense when you think about it. Many people are thinking about selling TP/TSP for the upcoming KS4 package. If there's a lot of buyers of used TP/TSP, this means NI will sell less new ones. By cutting down the price in half, it will make the buyers think twice about buying it used as sellers won't be willing to give their TP/TSP away for dirt cheap prices...The timing is perfect on NI's end.

...my two cents! = )

15. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Guys this is simply a promotion to get every DJ from here to Jupiter on Traktor...!

Seriously, this is a mass enrolment exercise...

Come on you noobies, we are here and waiting for you lovely people :)

16. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

I'll mark this day as the day that I say how gay I think NI to make me pay for an upgra-de. Errr....

Hey Karlos I know you moderators don't know that much in advance that things are going to get upgraded etc. But NI don't normally give 50% reductions on prices on any of their products unless there will be a paid upgrade in future.

I'm looking forward to the new features, I'm sure there will be a major stink up around here early next year.

17. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

I still dont have any info on any paid/unpaid upgrade, i wish i did and i could put the subject to bed.

Meanwhile the 50% Promo is an awesome offer that will introduce a whole new bunch of Traktorists to the forum and i welcome that.

Not that im getting bored of all you guys ya hear..:)

18. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

I know i am... boom tish

Even if the upgrade price is another 25% on top of this and they fully upgrade the software once every two to three years, it's still a stella sale.

I'm hoping for a $99 if we have to pay, i'd be happy with that as long as the features aren't just the sample deck.

Jump on it people.

The other forums I regularly visit there are a lot of people dropping money on this.

19. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

Traktor is about to take over the world...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (evil laugh)

20. Sinjintek

Sinjintek NI Product Owner

I am already SOOOO tired of hearing people complain about the 50% off promotion:

"why doesn't it include the LE upgrade offers?" (because it's not a retail kit)

"why doesn't it cover the X1/Machine/etc" (because it's for Traktor software kits)

"Does this mean something new is coming out?"

Speculating can be fun...but sometimes you gotta stop and realize that maybe it's just a big CHRISTMAS sale, maybe they're changing the PACKAGING, maybe they're just refreshing the stock (much of it comes with old obsolete pack-ins like the install disc and manuals).

My problem is there will be tons of useless threads created about all of this full of dozens of people crying and complaining...

Great way to celebrate such awesome news guys. I can't believe I'm finding myself hoping it never happens again just so I don't have to deal with all the crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.