1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Scratching with the s2

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by amachado32, Dec 16, 2012.

1. amachado32

amachado32 New Member

Hey guys,

I am brand new to traktor. I just got my s2 about three days ago and I was wondering how could you scratch using the s2? I know you can do it because this guy is doing it [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU0CnAJc7Q4"]Cutting on Kontrol S2 #1 - YouTube[/ame]. Is there a certain mode or settings that I need to be in? Do I need to scratch certain samples and and not songs or something. Also how do i program my jogwheel to be able to scratch with the remix decks. Any help will be great.

Thanks

2. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Yep the sounds are usually a track with cue points. also helps to be slow tempo and have sync snap and quant off.
    the crossfader curve in settings are set to sharp.
    If you notice most videos and short scratch sessions are just that.
    they set up cues,have a simple drum/bassline and dont mix with long sets.

3. amachado32

amachado32 New Member

ok thanks i will try those things out? By the way do you know how I can use my jog wheels to scratch samples though in the remix decks?

4. jiggle

jiggle Forum Member

Map the jog to the deck you want to scratch. Its only a couple of items to add, jog touch, jog turn. I havent tried it but now you can over ride the default map it should be quite quick to do.

5. mrpud

mrpud Forum Member

if you click on the deck letter, you'll see a drop down list, within that list you can select scratch mode