1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Second Hand A6 - I've been ripped off.

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by MattMolloy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. MattMolloy

MattMolloy New Member

Afternoon guys - recently bought an A6. I was lead to believe it was the full package - cables, software, vinyl, CD's etc. Turns out they have only sent me the A6 box. I have tried to get in touch with the seller but obviously, they have vanished. I'm beyond gutted but I still want to get the A6 working.

So my question is, if I just have the box - what do I need to buy from the shop to get it all working?

It will be primarily used on CDJ's - and I will need it to be able to play timecode CD's and normal CD's.

Also - is there any UK based, NI authorised second hand store to buy the items (obviously reputable - I don't want ripping off again)

Thanks for any help.

2. maara

maara Forum Member

You need nothing more than 1 standard usb cable, 2 rca cables and a timecode cd's. You can buy them (NI web) or download the image and burn them.
    The only concern is if you have a valid license for the A6 because without it, you will be not able to use the timecode features in the Traktor.
    But as you have the a6 and the license is binded to the hw serial, NI support should be able to transfer the license to your account...

3. MattMolloy

MattMolloy New Member

Thanks for the reply. Would the normal RCA allow me to play normal CD's though? I thought you needed the multicore cables to do that?

The license for the A6 - does that just apply to the box or does that apply to the Traktor software as well?

4. maara

maara Forum Member

The multicore cable is deprecated (thanks god) - A6 allows you to play normal cd's just by switching it in the software so standard RCA is far enough.
    The license is for the Traktor - the license binded to the A6 box unlocks you full version of the Traktor Pro including the scratch add-on.

5. MattMolloy

MattMolloy New Member

Spot on! Thanks for the help.

6. maara

maara Forum Member

Honestly you don't need to worry much about getting only the box (as long as you have the valid license which comes with the A6) - the cables and cd's are easy to get or buy, the ac adapter is a common one but as the a6 us bus powered, you don't need it at all and its better to get new vinyls instead some old scratched ones... ;-)

7. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

why wouldn't the serial on the a6 be valid ? and what dies that have to do with being able or not to use timecodes ?

unless the license is already in use by the previous user . N.i. shold be able to take care of that for him .

8. maara

maara Forum Member

I was only telling him that the only thing that matters from the original packaging is the traktor license.... Its a second hand card so most likely the license is currently in use...
    As you have to register the installed software using the service center, the license will be already binded to the account of the previous user.
    Also you are not registering the traktor in the service center using the a6 serial but using a license which comes on the paper in the packaging so if you don't have it, you need to check with NI that you are the current owner of the hw so the license should be transferred to you.
    Traktor PRO and Traktor PRO Scratch are using different licenses - you need a serial for the Scratch version because without it, the Traktor doesn't allow you to use timecodes.

9. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

ya exactly what i said about n.i. being able to solve that .

10. maara

maara Forum Member

On the other hand its quite strange if its so easy - if anyone stole my card, he also gets a full license to it and nothing stops him from legally using it :)

11. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Unless the previous owner contacts NI to have the traktor license transferred then you will not be able to get the licence that came with the card. Your only solution then is to purchase the "TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 SOFTWARE & TIMECODE KIT"

12. jimmyv

jimmyv NI Product Owner

+ 1 for Count Zero
    I bought a second hand Audio 8 and bought the "TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 SOFTWARE & TIMECODE KIT" and it works with no problem. I don't understand what all of the confusion is. You can use a regular USB cable and regular RCA cables. Make sure you get the power adapter as well.

13. maara

maara Forum Member

Its not about the card functionality - it will always work.
    Its about the Traktor licensing using the license which came with the A6....