Seeing cue points names

Discussion in 'Feature Request' started by Lonilon, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Lonilon

Lonilon New Member

Hello everyone ! I've started using traktor about 6 months ago professionally and ever since, I am missing the option to see the name of the cue point when not pressing on it...
    I think it could be helpful to see which section is coming up, like a buildup cue point or a 4 bar raiser or something like that

Hope you all agree too!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Vinyl Tap

Vinyl Tap NI Product Owner

Going a bit further - I’d like to see the NEXT COMING cuepoint name displayed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

Yes, I don't really want to see the name of the current HotCue, but I do want to see the name of the next one.

4. kokernutz

kokernutz NI Product Owner

I did this with my mods and found it extremely helpful.
    F5BA2C70-1AAF-47BF-8901-A1A99C852570.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

In fact, there are captions to the HotCues at the bottom, but they appear only after clicking on the HotCue or if you open the drop-down list. It would be nice to have a switch in the settings that allows you to display the caption of the “next” HotCue.

6. Vinyl Tap

kokernutz That’s the screen on your controller, right?

Any idea how we’d get similar text in the main Traktor GUI???

• Like Like x 1
  7. kokernutz

Yes, it's off the controller. I think the best way of of getting them in the Traktor GUI is for NI to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chayan @ NI

Chayan @ NI NI Team NI Team

kokernutz that's dope mate. Now that we have bigger cue points this kinda makes sense - let me check w/ devs and get back.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kokernutz

If I can make a further suggestion... do not include the cue number if there is a label. You might get a couple more letters out of the cue name to appear.

10. Chayan @ NI

Chayan @ NI NI Team NI Team

kokernutz Imagine you're triggering them from a controller which only has cue number labels - wouldn't it feel a bit disorienting if there's no 1:1 label mapping?

11. kokernutz

I would prefer the extra characters for the cue name, but that might just be me.

12. Vinyl Tap

Loving ALL of this. I’d be much happier with smaller text, allowing for additional text/letters/characters...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nick Painter

Nick Painter New Member

Chayan @ NI Any word from the devs on this feature? This is the one feature that I really miss coming from other software. The ability to see cue point names more conveniently would be a huge improvement.

There is already available white space within Traktor Pro. If the labels could be shown next to the cue point number it would be much more convenient than needing to click on the dropdown.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Almaz

Almaz NI Product Owner

upload_2020-7-15_4-24-17.png