1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

seen this controller people..?

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by 2kilo, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2kilo

2kilo NI Product Owner

http://www.mawzer.com
    modular controller... Image attached...
    hope it's real and doesn't go the way of the GREX..?

Attached Files:

• M1.jpg
      M1.jpg
      File size:
      44.6 KB
      Views:
  2. brianc

brianc NI Product Owner

http://www.faderfox.de also make modular controllers, and I've heard only good things about them. They look excellent.

3. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

The faderfox controllers do have a good rep however, they're not "modular" in the same way as the mawzer controller (which looks like a pretty great idea if it isn't obscenely expensive).

4. 2kilo

2kilo NI Product Owner

yeah I agree gmint...

The mawzer thing makes NI look a bit pony with them banging on about "Hercules Drives a TRAKTOR"...

If NI want to feature a Traktor controller the least they should do is talk about faderfox [IMHO]

NI bashing again, oops... Anyway being able to build your own controller layout would really open up performance styles and technique...

5. brianc

brianc NI Product Owner

Alright, I took a closer look at the Mawzer controller. That thing really is sick looking.

6. beta247

beta247 NI Product Owner

mawzer is a little big tho.faderfox looks good,nice and small,portable.

7. imianwilliams

imianwilliams NI Product Owner

That Mawser thing certainly looks impressive. ....but I'd need to see them do it in a smaller flightcase/configuration before I'd touch it.

As it is at the moment, it looks too big to lug about with you.

8. 2kilo

2kilo NI Product Owner

nah big is good [for me] need a control surface you can really get into without a microscope...

-after lugging x2 record bags even a 10ft mawzer would seem light-

9. imianwilliams

imianwilliams NI Product Owner

10. 2kilo

2kilo NI Product Owner

yeah the Ableton lot have been banging on about it....
    price is too steep for me although I heard it had the soundcard, etc built in...?

11. brianc

brianc NI Product Owner

Yeah, I'd take the Xone3D over the Mawser any day. Too bad I have the money for neither...

12. bazylp

bazylp Forum Member

Mawser....price

http://createdigitalmusic.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=453&Itemid=44

...reckon 'bout $800 for base unit then $30 - $180 for modules (such as an X-Y touchpad controller).

Sheesh! Haven't they heard of pile-em-high-sell-em-cheap?

If the price is right, these units WILL be in every computer musicians setup. Or maybe I'll wait for Behringer to copy the design and sell em for 1/2 the price :eek:)

Email received from Mawser

"Thank you for your interest in the MAWZER modular midi controller.

We were very happy to meet you in messe frankfurt last week.
    A lot of suggestions were made by you visitors (different box size, new modules ...) and we are very attentive to them. For example, smaller box size is under study (a 16 slots or even a tiny 8 slots).

Due to high demand, we are currently adding massive information on the website.
    Come back to visit www.mawzer.com in a few days ..... :
    technical info on box and modules
    more pictures
    pricing information
    configuration examples for softwares

Hoping the MAWZER will help you in your creations"

P.S. Yay, my old login worx :eek:)

13. bazylp

bazylp Forum Member

14. bstip

bstip New Member

Do I wear a clown-suit with rubber nose & big red shoes when working with it? It looks like a piece of ****.

It's a Messe all right... a big one.

15. kaaos

kaaos Forum Member

1500.00 Euros.... whoa?

16. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

when i first saw te mawzer i was really stoked. i am using ableton a lot now and have not found that right controller, however the a&h 3-d looks to be the real answer if we could only get some more info on it

17. FunkFlexX

FunkFlexX New Member

I doesnt, the green panels on the sides are actually removable faceplates, which will be custumized to suit various softwares.
    They have demonstrated it with abelton.
    http://www.xone.co.uk/images/Hi-Rez/3D-Top_down.jpg

Greets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.