1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Selling MK2 Mikro question

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by phdbeats, Jan 24, 2016.

1. phdbeats

phdbeats NI Product Owner

Hey guys.

I just picked up a full Maschine MK1 with the 1.8 software for $100. I was thinking of unloading my Mikro MK2 with Maschine 2.4 and buy some better monitors.

If I do decide to do this and when I transfer the registration to the new buyer, will my 2.4 software deactivate on my computer?

2. Zombieskank

Zombieskank New Member

No, but you won't be able to update any longer

3. phdbeats

Thank you very much!

4. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...you could try to sell the MK2 micro with the 1.8 software. You will certainly get less, but still something for your monitors, you have the MK2, that's collecting dust, out of your hands and someone else gets a chance to get his hands on Maschine - sounds like a win-win... :)

5. phdbeats

@loachm I didn't even know that was possible! I thought that the 1.8 software was tied to the Maschine MK1?

6. loachm

loachm NI Product Owner

...please, don't take my word for that. I just thought that would be a possibility, since just the software is most likely registered to NI. There is a possibility of registering the hardware, too, but it's not mandatory, as far as I know. Better check with NI support, if your MK2 hardware is registered and, if so, if you can deregister it and if you're allowed to sell it with the 1.8 software. If the hardware is not registered at all, I think you don't need to worry about that and could sell it. In any case it's probably best to check with NI support...

7. phdbeats

Ok, thanks, will do!