SEQUENCER! Logic Ultrabeat/Reason ReDrum KILLER

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by JBlongz, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

I can't stress this enough! I've been using Reason on PC for years as Rewire JUST FOR DRUM MACHINE! When I moved to make, I found Logic's Ultrabeat very interesting but layering drums was a horrendous task. In fact, to do that and many other types of customizations, I had to use a totally different plugin (EXS24) and save the patch, then load it in Ultrabeat. SUCKS!

If Battery had a sequencer built in with its already exceptional feature set, I would make all the studios I've worked in buy it. :cool: I love to use it as an MPC cuz I have a Fantom X, but I get tired of always playing out each pattern. It would be nice for it to have a sequencer with at least 16 pattern options that can be automated similar to how Reason's ReDrum works.

Do this and everyone will call Battery the MPC KILLER!

2. hesnotthemessiah

hesnotthemessiah NI Product Owner

I use ERA which is a Midi Step Sequencer VSTi http://www.sugar-bytes.com/content/products/ERA/index.php?lang=en. This is a fantastic piece of software. It can be used as a step sequencer or arpeggiator. 8 banks of 16 patterns (with 16 "variations" in each pattern, 12 tracks per pattern. Each track can be assigned a different midi channel output. Each track can output midi notes and 5 controllers, velocity, gatetime and delay values which are adjustable for each step. Number of steps are fully adjustable from 1 to 16 per pattern. Patterns can be linked to create longer patterns. 4 fully adjustable LFOs per track. Swing, humanization, track echo, transpose, velocity, gatetime and delay offsets per track. Easy to assign almost any parameter to a midi controller. Midi timing seems to be very,very tight. Hasn't crashed on me yet - in over two years of heavy use. No need to worry about a lack of a step sequencer (note or controller), arpeggiator or lfos in your plugins. And the price? 49.00 Euros! Only downside is that, with this many options, you do need to read the manual thoroughly before you can use it!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  3. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

I prefer the feel and features of Battery. Its easy to layer drums, set velocity parameters, and use the built in wave editors without reading any documentation. Its ONLY downfall is that its missing a sequencer. My concrete alternatives are Reason's ReDrum (when im using my PC) and Logics Ultrabeat (when I'm using my mac). Improving battery is the only thing that will bring me and my chain of studios away from those alternate programs. Battery is 2 steps away from officially killing the mpc with just software.

4. The Hamburglar

The Hamburglar New Member

I agree completely.

This would make it the only beat machine necessary.

I actually just came to this forum to post about this.

5. NihilGeist

NihilGeist NI Product Owner

great idea for stand-alone operation!

but, overly ubiquitous in plug-in mode. i.e. i use Ableton Live and this accomplishes exactly your idea! multi-sampler/Battery within a matrix/Live. a sequencer inside a sequencer!

yea, it is perfect within Ableton Live.

6. swampmonster50

swampmonster50 Forum Member

yes ...please add sequancing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.