1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Serious issue with Replika XT 1.2.1 (Feedback is not set correctly on project load!)

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by Fots, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Fots

Fots New Member

Hi guys, I recently upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1 and I noticed that a fresh mixdown of my track sounded different. Upon further investigation, I found that Replika XT 1.2.1 is not correctly setting Feedback on project load.

My system is Windows 11 / Cubase 11 Pro and here are the steps to reproduce:

1. Install Replika XT 1.1.0
    2. Create a new project in Cubase, add an instrument track with any synth and a Replika XT instance and set Feedback to 95%
    3. Play a note and confirm you hear a very long feedback
    4. Save the project, close Cubase and upgrade to 1.2.1
    5. Open the project and inspect Replika XT, you'll notice that it shows 95% for the Feedback and seems to look OK
    6. Now play a note and you'll see that the feedback is much shorter
    7. Move the Feedback knob back and forward to 94.5% and then back to 95% and you'll hear the Feedback correct itself

Saving and reopening the project does not resolve the issue either, the feedback is always not correctly loaded.

I can reproduce this in Modern mode, all other modes seem to be OK.

If I then browse to my VST3 folder, delete the VST3 version and restart Cubase, I can see that the VST2 version takes over. Now when I open the same project, the feedback is set to 46%.

After deleting the VST3 version, I attempted to reproduce the problem with the VST2 version but that seems to recall Feedback settings perefctly.

So in summary this problem only occurs with the VST3 version and Modern mode.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. Yaron @ NI

Yaron @ NI NI Team NI Team

Thanks for reporting, we are looking into it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fots

Fots New Member

Thanks Yaron. The problem may extend beyond just the Feedback, so a full set of regression testing may be warranted.

Huge love
    Fotis

4. sevdahbaby

sevdahbaby NI Product Owner

+1 !

I can confirm that the issue is present in Tape mode too. The only difference is that the feedback is bigger than it should be.

That said, does anyone have a spare Replika XT 1.1.0 MacOS installer? :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  5. Eddie @ NI

Eddie @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi,

sorry that you are experiencing issues with Replika XT and thanks for getting in touch and reporting the issue. We are currently investigating this. As already said, removing the VST3 version and using the VST2 version instead is a temporary workaround for this problem until we have fixed this.
    Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Cheers,
    Eddie

6. sevdahbaby

sevdahbaby NI Product Owner

Hi,
    Thanks for the info, waiting for the fix :)

7. Fots

Fots New Member

Thanks so much Eddie, really appreciate your help!