1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Seriously ... still fixed size windows ???

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by mykejb, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Bezaras

Bezaras New Member

Hello from the future, still no manual resize on KK12. Too tiny to actually browse the sound lists on my main monitor, while the whole window is too big for my second crappy monitor. **** sucks cause the content of those terribly sized windows is actually darn good.

2. Richard L Doyle

Richard L Doyle New Member

I thought about creating a new post and I wonder if anybody will actually look back into this one, but it's 2019 and I need to be able to manually resize this window. Even using it on my smaller resolution monitor, it's still small. At least, we should be able to drag it out, vertically to give us space in the browser.

3. pranaearth

pranaearth NI Product Owner

I stopped harping on this because of the negative responses I was getting from other users in this forum, but at my advanced age, the UI is close to impossible for me to read anything on the screen, so I can't in good conscious continue to upgrade my software if I can't see what I'm doing. This post is 5 years old and I find it utterly ridiculous that a way hasn't been found to resize the GUI. 99% of all of the other plug in companies have found a way to do it. With the massive cash influx NI has recently gotten, couldn't they have thrown at least 1 or 2 people into looking looking at the issue?

4. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

It has been stated long ago, that the effort to fix this design flaw is huge. And with the new keyboards (A & S MK2) having a non working transport in most DAWs since release, I fear nothing will happen.

5. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

The resizing code already exists though as they can resize the window to match the size of the embedded VST. Shouldn't be rocket science to set the default no-vst-loaded size to something bigger than ridiculously tiny?

Mike

6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Exactly, I like that it wraps to the plugin size when all I want to do is play the plugin, but when tagging in particular I need it to be larger - all that is needed is an option not to wrap and stay a fixed, user defined, size (something Reaktor has had for ever).

• Like Like x 1