1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

seriously WTF, I am close to putting TS Upgrade kit on ebay

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Holdthescroll, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdthescroll

Holdthescroll Forum Member

Basically, I've purchased the TS Upgrade kit, and I'm getting very frustrated with the manual. The manual is obviously geared towards users of the full version of Traktor Scratch, and it leaves users like me behind. For example, I can't figure out how to allow my turntables to control the flow of the music. In the manual, it states that I need to toggle input-mode on the Audio 8, which isn't going to work considering that I don't have one. If you could at least help me figure out this much, I would be very grateful.

Also, I feel somewhat tricked, because I assumed that I would be able to control 4 (2 virtual) decks with TS, but I need to pay for Traktor 3 to be able to do that. WTF @ that

2. bigbadselecta

bigbadselecta Forum Member

WTF are you talking about?

You need the Audio8 / a certified mixer in order to use timecode-vinyls/cds

https://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=shopdetail&L=0

Maybe you should read the details before buying something and then start complaining about things that are totally clear. Can't you read?

It's really funny... :lol:

3. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

did you do any research before buying the TS upgrade kit?

4. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Go buy Serato.

Where's Telly for this one?

5. bigbadselecta

Let us know when you put your stuff on ebay. Maybe we can make a good deal :lol:

6. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

7. bigbadselecta

ah, ok, he has a certified mixer. But still...

8. crucial d

..should point out what hardware you are using, instead of giving us bugger-all information. I mean, how were we to guess that you had an EVO 5 from your original post?

when you assume you make an ASS of U & ME

9. CraigKC

CraigKC Forum Member

Scroll...

I caught up on the old posts with your situation, I'm going to give you the high level but you'll have to do some research... If you're coming from Winamp DJ to full-blown tables, DVS system, pro mixer, etc you have some stuff to learn that is all easily available on lots of old forum posts, tutorials, etc. Make sure and search as much as you can first.

Disclaimer: Getting into DJing requires lots of trial-and-error, research, reading how effects work, what the knobs even do, etc, read about interfaces, programs, etc. Some things are even more complex jumping straight into a system like Traktor, so prepare yourself for that. Now, if you're still up for the learning curve, here's what you need:

1. Read the manual for your mixer and/or you might want to update the firmware. http://www.eclerusa.com/evo.php

2. Plug the tables into the Phono input on any 2 of your mixer channels with stereo RCAs.

3. Make sure your computer has a firewire port. It will probably be the 4 pin type (as mentioned in another post to you). If your laptop doesn't have one (some inspirons do not) then you just need a PCMCIA firewire card. Buy one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=pcmcia+firewire

4. Plug the mixer into your computer via firewire. You'll need a 6-pin end (larger plug) for the mixer, and depending on which card you buy or if your laptop had it built-in, you might need 4-pin or 6-pin on the laptop end of the cable. Here's a picture of the difference (6 pin on top, 4 pin on bottom):
    http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F3N401-06-ICE-4-Pin-6-Pin-FireWire/dp/B00005NIMR

5. Download the drivers from Ecler and install them on your PC: http://www.eclerusa.com/software.php

(Note, Ecler may want you do do step 5 before plugging in the device that I put in step 4. Read the manual)

6. Install Traktor Scratch from CD

7. Run NI Service Center and download download v1.3.1 (the newest) update and install. Some people may say v1.2 is a little more stable, but v1.3.1 may be required to fix issues with your certified mixer. I recommend v1.3.1 for you at this point.

8. Run Traktor Scratch, under audio setup make sure your Ecler is selected as the output device and settings are correct (check Ecler manual)

9. Start playing the control vinyl on your decks and see if weird white circles show up in the tracking panel of audio setup.

10. You're setup and it's working. Now the *real* learning begins.

And, as mentioned... I'd love an Evo5 too so let us know if you throw it on eBay if you're not up for it.

10. Holdthescroll

Sorry, I should've clarified that I have an Evo 5 ... which is the reason I bought the upgrade kit in the first place. No one has answered the most important question though: what do I need to do to switch the input mode from internal to a turntable setup. If you are familiar with Serato, all I'm asking is how to change the mode from "internal" to "relative". The manual gives me nothing; which is why I made this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izvE_yQevHs&feature=related

Have you watched this video? Seems easy? This is not AT ALL like how I need to go about getting my turntables to control songs! I have no idea wtf I need to do. Once again, there is no "input" mode to select considering I have no Audio 8 box.

If anyone out there actually has a certified mixer and is using the upgrade kit, I would love to hear from you.
    ---
    Yea maybe you would get that lucky, who knows. By the way, I already have done everything that you said in your post. I have to emphasize, I got music to play in TS and can plug headphones into my mixer and hear the songs playing, but I can't control the songs with my turntables, which is pissing me off.
    ---
    LOL WELCOME TO 2006 MOTHER****ER

11. crucial d

if you post a screenshot of your tracking panels (in the top row of the TS GUI), showing us the timecode 'circles' - we might have more info to go on...

12. Holdthescroll

What will that accomplish? Just asking because it's a bitch for me to get all my stuff out, move the stuff on the apartment table, hook everything up, etc. I remember the circles ... they had a black dot in the center and never moved when I put the needles down and started the tables.

13. crucial d

if you click on the circle in that panel it changes the view mode to a type of 'oscilloscope'

that will show whether or not you are receiving timecode into TS

however, if you couldn't be bothered to hook it up - to help us help you - then 'adios' my friend! break a leg etc...

14. Holdthescroll

Alright, just trying to balance life with DJing. I'm in school and have a roommate studying quietly at the table ... might join him. I will get on this, don't take offense, you're just about the only person in this thread giving out advice.

15. crucial d

cool, no worries, you should be able to test the system without actually making any noise.

thing is, this is a fairly advanced and complex type of system- there will need to be a certain amount of 'hands-on' tweaking

16. CraigKC

CraigKC Forum Member

Scroll, you *did* hear from someone with a certified mixer and the upgrade kit -- me!

As mentioned, post a screenshot of your audio setup and timecode panels and we can make sure you've got all of your hardware setup correctly...

PS - To specifically answer your question above relative/internal mode, the answer is in the buttons below each deck. The |> (arrow) icon is internal mode, the 0 (record) icon is relative and -0 (record with arm) is absolute. None of that matters if you don't have your hardware and tracking working right though - lets get that checked out first.

17. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i'm not familiar with the evo5 and the TS manual isnt designed to explain the setup of all certified mixers.

actually, at time of writing the manual, the evo5 wasnt even certified. was it even out back then?

anyways, holdthescroll, you should definitely call ecler support (maybe NIs support can also help).

18. Holdthescroll

pics coming
    ---
    [​IMG]

Booted up exactly the same today as it did last time. I can load songs, play them, and hear them in my headphones, bubt WEIRD things are happening for some reason right now. It sounds like the frequencies of the songs are way off. My music sounds like **** in my headphones right now. Last time it sounded fine. Also, when I load a track in B, I can't hear it at all in my headphones.

Edit: now I can't hear anything at all in my headphones WTF once again
    ---
    Mixer off, everything off, closed out of Traktor ...

mixer on, turn both tables on, boot traktor scratch, load song into A

same weird sound as before, but at least i have sound out of A again
    ---
    also, the songs are playing at a faster than normal rate in player a ... still cant get B to play at all
    ---
    I can now get both sides to play for some reason .. i just went into preferences, didn't touch anything, and B started to be audible. Really narrowing it down to TS here guys

- and another note: I have to adjust the gain WAY down to avoid redding the **** out of my mixer... really weird because last time i played this song (when the sounds werent fcked up, I didn't have to go that far down on the gain)

19. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

from the picture i can see you didnt activate timecode control in the scratch panels... intended?

also, please post a picture of the audio setup of the preferences.

20. crucial d

could it be a sample rate issue? 48 Kb/s instead of 44.1? - it would be helpful here if you post your latency / sampling rate setting

+1

if you don't hit the 'A' for the left deck and 'B' for the right deck Traktor won't look for incoming timecode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.