Session Guitarist

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by Bryan thomas, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Bryan thomas

Bryan thomas New Member

Hi everyone
    I have had Session guitarist Strummed Acoustic 2 for a while now and I am quite happy with the results
    However I cannot seem to find any way to just have a single chord strum ring out for say a bar.. I can fade it out using automation on my DAW
    Put it another way the pattern finishes at the end of the bar and it would be good if I could follow this with just single chord strum ..make sense??
    I was wondering if anybody else uses this software and know how to achieve this.
    Hoping you can help
    Bryan

2. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Welcome to the forums!

Yah, unfortunately this instrument only provides patterns for us to play & use and you can't play your own material with this. Later instruments within the session guitarist series have a "melody" preset which allows you to play chords on your own but not this one. Being oblivious about the obvious when it comes to guitars I checked "picked acoustic" which also has such a melody preset but I doubt that'll help you out because it's definitely a different sound.

Crazy idea: you might be able to sample that sound you want to ring out, then load that up in a sampling instrument and use that piece to complete your playing, would that work out perhaps? All DAW's I'm familiar with support "re-sampling" so...

3. Bryan thomas

Bryan thomas New Member

Thanks for your quick response I will try the sampling idea ... might work ... anyway still happy with the product Txs

4. Bryan thomas

Bryan thomas New Member

5. Bryan thomas

Bryan thomas New Member

Hi there the sampling idea wasn't crazy at all... grab a sample chord, stretch a bit then fade with my Daw's fade out function I am quite happy with the result ...Txs for the suggestion

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

On the yellow keyswitches you have several variations of patterns and chords, including just a ringing chord :

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 15.21.16.png

Here, it's on the yellow G#, you need to play this key plus the root note of the chord on the blue keys. I hope it makes sense !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bryan thomas

Bryan thomas New Member

Thank you so much .. exactly what I was looking for :):thumbsup: