1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Session Horns Pro - laggy, sloppy...

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by jatzemann, Feb 23, 2020.

1. jatzemann

jatzemann New Member

hi there,

i´ve recently updated to komplete ultimate 12 and am currently using the shp library. as far as it seems up to now it´s not great, but with some little tweaks pretty usable.
    the only thing that bothers me is the "timing". don´t know why but the notes always sound too late in my ears; even when hard quantized, and a dry player profile chosen. i also set the "humanize" knob down to zero.
    could there be something wrong??

i produce a lot of latin stuff, so tightness would be an "advantage". at this moment it sounds a little bit as jazzers tried to play latin ;-)
    i´ve used to work with garritan jabb 3 for guide tracks and so on and never had any issues like this.

thanks in advance?

2. peter verberne

peter verberne New Member

I think this is native in this instrument... :( To me, this is a very poorly playable library. First: the scale and articulations keys are too far apart.

Regarding your specific style request:
    The transients of each articulation are different. For example: a sustain articulation has typically a slow attack. For latin style, I would recommend to use marcato and staccato articulations with stabs for sections. Switch a lot between articulations to obtain more realistic sounding frases

3. jatzemann

jatzemann New Member

Ahhh, so my impression was right. ;)
    For me the staccato sound is not very usable in most situations. I´ll gonna check the marcato articulation ... or I take the whole horn section and move it a tiny bit to the front. ;-)

4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

What daw are you using? Does this also happen when you use Kontakt standalone? Sounds to me as if this should be tweakable through the envelopes.

5. jatzemann

jatzemann New Member

I´m running Cubase 10.
    It´s difficult to say. I didn´t really feel a latency when using SHP in Kontakt Standalone, but I also have used it max 10 min as standalone.
    Usually I use my libraries to create Guidetracks for arrangments I do for other people.
    At this moment my machine has some disk issues... but when I have arranged that I´ll definitively try it out to improve things by shaping the envelope.
    Anyways I feel that these "tweaks" shouldn´t be necesary !? Until now I have used Garritan JABB for many years and never had these issues.
    Of course soundwise I prefer the SHP over the JABB. ;-)