Session Strings Pro 2 MIDI

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Johnbee, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Johnbee

Johnbee New Member

Hi!
    I recently upgraded my Sessions Strings Pro to Pro 2 and I love it, but I have two previous versions of Sessions Strings (original Session Strings and SS Pro 1) still on my system. I know these programs all have their own libraries which take several gigabytes and I'd like to remove the two previous versions to save HDD space. But the problem is that if I remove the previous versions, the projects I used to create them will suffer because when I used the Animator on the previous projects (versions) I cannot recreate the animated articulations in Pro 2 (I probably could but it would be time consuming and difficult). The animator creates articulations by converting MIDI block chords. I took notice on a tutorial video that the animator samples were somehow converted to MIDI. How is that done? Because in the real program I only ever see block chords being made into the articulations. If I could convert these past project articulations to MIDI, I could remove the previous versions of SS and reclaim disc space.
    Thanks
    John Bowen

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Samples cannot be converted to MIDI, they are completely different things. The Animator generates MIDI notes, though, but you still need to have the samples there in order to play what the Animator tells the instrument to do.

3. Johnbee

Johnbee New Member

Thanks for your timely response. Is there anything you can suggest I do to easily duplicate the animator articulations from the earlier versions to SS Pro 2?

:)John B

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Can't help you there, I didn't use the first one really. Sorry.

5. Johnbee

Johnbee New Member

OK. I appreciate your response anyway. Thanks
    :)JB