set midi to outside world to script generate notes send 2 note on on 5.81 player

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by acdc2000, Jul 9, 2018.

1. acdc2000

acdc2000 NI Product Owner

to reproduce problem easiest you can add 1 kontakt in reaper and have no instrument load. now enable in option "midi script generate note only".

now add another kontakt below the kontakt you add before. in this 2. kontakt add for example from kontakt factory selection the first one (its classic bass). but problem happen with all kontakt instruments or other VSTi. the 1. kontakt send when key on midi keyboard is release another note and, and never send note off. the notes hang.

have other this problem too, or is there maybe a setting ?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Hmmm. Not sure I can confirm this.

If the first Kontakt doesn't have anything loaded, then there are no scripts in there either to generate any notes, so there's nothing to send out really. With your setup, second Kontakt instance doesn't play anything at all over here.

3. acdc2000

It happen when a instrument that send notes with script too, is load in 1. kontakt. i tell test situation with no instrument, so it is clear, no script problem in instrument. I notice it,because i want a second orange tree guitar play same strum pattern. here it happen too, that note on is play correct, but when note off should send, a note on is send again. a note off is never send so all notes that send from the script hang. should i do a video ?

4. acdc2000

i do a video, here can see. later in video i change to incoming notes then note off are send. but the script notes are not transfer

5. acdc2000

did you see video.Is this a Bug ?. maybe there is a way that script notes and no trigger notes can send to another instrument in same kontakt ?

if in the "send midi to outside world" setting can choose a output channel, this can done. then i can set to A 11 and choose in 2. instrument A11 for input.it is usefull, because layer a hollow body and a strat sound really great

6. acdc2000

I have now since some time rhapsody orchestral colors(need full kontakt version) and the chord patches send correct notes out. In full Kontakt 6 version problem with orangertree guitars is too in. so seem a problem only with the orangetree script.

7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator