Set up midi out for external device

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by DarkVector, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkVector

DarkVector New Member

Hi,

1: I would like to know how do i set up the midi out of the maschine to control an external device?

2: Does it exists a step by step tutorial (video, pdf...)?

3: is there template to download somewhere?

(i Have a 303 and got no trouble to control it with other programme like Acid, Live... or other hardware sequencer! With the Maschine i cant even play a note)

Thanxs in advance for your help

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

Welcome :)

at the moment you can't do that with Maschine... we are all waiting for this feature to be added.

sowari

3. DarkVector

DarkVector New Member

:eek: ! SACRE BLEU ! :eek:

Your jocking mate? :|
    it's 2009 you know ?

We have already send robots on Mars and being able to control them from earth, so not being able to control a 303 with the Maschine, that's just not possible...this must be a joke...and a bad joke!:angry:

4. nicochto

nicochto NI Product Owner

What about the Controller Editor included in the MASCHINE package?

Did I miss something, or it is precisely what you need?

5. sowari

yeah maybe i missed something.

i presumed that DarkVector wanted to use a Maschine Software Sequencer to send MIDI Out Pitch and Gate data... which at the moment you can't do, but will be included in an update.

you can program the Maschine Hardware Controller to send MIDI and Controller data out which can control Internally (in a DAW) and Externally, meaning Hardware Synths/fx etc.

sowari

6. sowari

btw, when you say 303, what do you mean? you don't mean a TB - 303 do you?

sowari

7. Suicide Server

Suicide Server Forum Member

Hmm i always thought the best thing about the 303 is the funky sequencer it has ;)

8. DarkVector

DarkVector New Member

Sowari,
    when this will be fix ?
    do we have to wait long? day? week? month ?

If there's no date or if we have to wait to long, I am going to return it back to the resellers tomorrow as i still have few day to do it!
    Not being able to control external device via midi out and not being able to use the step sequencer of the maschine as a midi player that's just not possible!

I am falling from my little cloud!

(beside this trouble the machine is great! What a shame)
    ---
    (not a real 303, a FuturRetro Revolution)
    ---
    Sorry my english is poor, so maybe i dont make my self clear enaph. I reformulate my question:

i want the Maschine to control an external hardware device (like a TB303)
    Being able to play note with the Maschine pad (keybord mode)
    Record to the step sequencer what i just play.
    And being able to do change via the step sequencer of the Maschine (note, cutoff, filter information etc etc ...)

9. sowari

i cannot say when this will be fixed, because i don't know. some people have quoted an interview where someone from NI said in the the middle of this year.

i can say that it won't be fixed, in the next week. all updates/feature improvements have to be thoroughly beta tested before they are released. unfortunately that takes time.

hopefully you will work with Maschine's limitations and make some great music (using some of the Unique features) whilst you wait for the update ;-)

fwiw, i also want to do what you want to do, but i love making music and sound designing and using the Maschine Controller... so i have enough to go along with until the update comes.

sowari

10. Vinyl Wizard

Vinyl Wizard Forum Member

Hi

I don't have Maschine (i use a mv8800 - like an MPC) but i've been browsing over the Maschine because i like the integration with computer..it seems its just not quite right so I'll stick to the MV which is rock solid!

However, I should let you know that, even when NI release the update that would allow you to use the Maschine software/pads to control your future retro revolution you will NOT be able to automate or record any envolope/cutoff/resonance etc settings on it. The future retro is analogue all the way (like the TB303) and will not send or respond to midi cc messages other than note messages. You'll have to record all "knob tweaks" to audio live!

hope that makes sense!

11. DarkVector

DarkVector New Member

Ok many thanxs all of you guys.

I got another question pretty similar:

Will it be possible in the next update to control one or more VSTI just with the Maschine (without using an external programme like Live)?

For example instade of having a sample (clap, hihat...) having a vsti and being able to control everything!

12. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

?

I don't get what you mean here. If you're asking will Maschine host VSTis- no.

ew

13. DarkVector

DarkVector New Member

is there anyway to control with the maschine VST or hardware with a free programme?

(at least start/stop playing & note)

14. sowari

not sure what you mean here?

Maschine has various Templates that can be used to start and stop other DAWs and Softwares such as Ableton Live, Logic, Reaktor. The Maschine Hardware Controller can also be used to program vrious faders.knobs in DAWs and music software plugins.

sowari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.