Setting attributes seems to have no effect

Discussion in 'FM8' started by stratoculture666, Jul 8, 2019.

1. stratoculture666

stratoculture666 NI Product Owner

I just started trying to use attributes to allow for quicker patch selection but it doesn't appear that it is doing anything. I am going into "attributes" and setting a type for my patches, selecting "save" and then when I go into the browser and select that type, those patches are not showing.

What am I missing here?

Also, not all the banks I have are showing in the browser. I have "FM7 Legacy", "Transient Attacks", then a bunch of the recently imported sysex banks but it is not showing the FM8 factory banks or any of my user patches or anything like that. Traditionally I've selected patches from the File Browser. I don't even see an option to create a new bank. If under "attributes" I type in something in the "bank" field of a patch and save it, this doesn't really seem to do anything.

2. stratoculture666

stratoculture666 NI Product Owner

I think I may have figured this out... The patches seem to need to be located in whatever location you set to be your database. Most of my patches were in a different folder that I have been loading / selecting using the file browser, as noted before. Once I copied them into the "sounds" folder in "Native Instruments" in my documents folder, it seems like now the attributes are being viewed by the filters in the browser.