1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Shipping 88-key midi controller

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by adic27, Feb 12, 2020.

1. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Anyone ever sold and had to ship an 88-key midi controller/keyboard? a box to fit one is very hard to find even at a p[lace that sells packaging supplies. I found a box that's 14x14x48 but the keyboard is about 52 inches long and even if it did fit the 14 inches of the box leaves a lot of space to be filled. Very frustrating!!! I would appreciate some tips and suggestions if anyone has some.

Thanks

2. xgman

xgman NI Product Owner

and THAT, is why my basement is full of boxes. Go to a local music store and see if they would let you have an outer shell box.

3. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

Get a couple of tv or bicycle boxes from uhaul, cut them together and lots of packing tape. Bubble wrap keyboard, tape some cardboard to top bubble wrap to protect controls. The put into bix.

4. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Got one big box from drums in a dumpster from the back of a Guitar Store and it happened to be perfect! Happened to be 2 side foam pieces for keyboards as well along with a few other small foam pieces I used. Had to cut the box a little but still was able to keep it in one piece. Thanks, guys