1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Should I upgrade Windows 10 to 1909?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by zyguli, Nov 28, 2019.

1. zyguli

zyguli New Member

Currently I'm on Windows 1809 with my S4 mk3 and Traktor 3.2.0. Should I be expecting problems, or should I upgrade without fear?

2. Revan

Revan NI Product Owner

I'm currently on 1909 with no issues that i have noticed, at least with my setup which is not restricted to use with my S4 Mk3, however with any Windows updates i would usually do a windows restore disk in case i want to fall back to my previous install. Now what i will say though is i periodically [every 6 months] do a fresh install of Windows and any related apps that i had installed/actually use as a spring clean, something that i have done for years.

A restore disk [USB] normally requires a spare 16gb memory stick.

3. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Apart from the above: you can always revert if you want to. But I also experience no issues at all (though in all fairness: I am not a Traktor user).

(edit): Ok, that was stupid on my end :oops:

But re-reading I can say: upgrade. I use several MIDI devices including the Maschine Mk3, not directly comparable (sure) but the setup is: a MIDI controller. I upgraded (as stated) and I have no issues at all. Not with Maschine, not with my Push and my old but trusty Casio keyboard also works as intended.

I wouldn't worry!

4. Revan

Revan NI Product Owner

True, you can roll back in Windows when updates are applied however there is a time limit with this, 10 days i think.

5. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

I have a separate partition for windows 10 just for use with Traktor and my S4 mk3. I turn off wifi and all background tasks that would affect latency and this way I get low load and no audio issues. I have turned off windows updates. The only time I turn wifi on is to update traktor software/hardware.

6. Revan

Revan NI Product Owner

That's interesting, so is this device [i presume a laptop] solely running W10 and Traktor and nothing else?

7. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

No i have windows 7 installed on another partition on the same SSD and use that for everything except Traktor.