1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

should there be a Maschine+ specific sub forum?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Walt Collins, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Walt Collins

Walt Collins NI Product Owner

Working in standalone mode is quite different, and doesn't follow the same rules as when connected to a computer. I'm here looking for M+ specific posts, and in my opinion it'd be more convenient if they were in their own sub-forum.

• Like Like x 9
  2. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

yes please

3. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

Most definitely.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  4. ech-OS

ech-OS NI Product Owner

5. Camps anthony

Camps anthony New Member

6. Jaheid19

Jaheid19 NI Product Owner

+1 Indeed

7. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Hum... It might make sense but with a very small userbase if the MK3 users that are used to doing it all from the HW don't hang there then there wont be many people to help out.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

You can use the forum search function

If you search maschine+ Or maschine + , this does bring up maschine + threads , but is not 100% accurate.
    You don’t get any search results for searching + , which would narrow the results down

9. Walt Collins

Walt Collins NI Product Owner

10. Joc

Joc NI Product Owner

Adding my vote +1

11. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Since I‘m not very active within this forum the last months (sorry for that), I‘m a bit overwhelmed with all the different threads. There are already lots of M+ related topics (likely growing) and I think this should be reason enough to provide a specific area for M+ . The new M+ subforum should also have „sticky threads“ to pin fundamental information regarding M+. ✌

Another suggestion:
    Maybe it's possible to have a M+ ribbon/tag for this forum...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2020
  12. bambz

bambz New Member

yea, it's difficult to keep track of new M+ threads

13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

It does seem a tiny bit unfair for owners of other devices tho, a new Mikro Mk3 user might also want to see only threads that relate to his controller for example. IMO to add a M+ tag we would have to add tags for all Controllers too. It's normal for the forum to get flooded with questions about whatever the latest hardware is and M+ getting preferential treatment is a bit odd.

Apart from that detail I am OK with either one, a tag or a new subforum but this is not my decision to make, I don't even have that sort of forum management permissions.

14. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Of course I thought about the other controllers but initially I didn't mention it.
    What about tags for all controllers and even major software versions? When there is a particular related content, then tags could/should be used. This would keep the already existing structure and should be more easily for the moderator and a subform is obsolete. ;)

I would consider this more as forum improvement.
    Based on this, a more specific search is possible by use of the mentioned tags.

The only thing is, that we have to deal with more than "a tag". :cool:

What do you guys think?