Show Off Your D2 Setup.

Discussion in 'KONTROL D2' started by Karlos Santos, May 5, 2015.

1. IL K KIM

IL K KIM New Member

just added 2nd D2. Finally having Full 4 deck control :)

Also my new ableton push 2 is on the way! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Mortician

Mortician New Member

I see in your picture that you have 4 D2s. When I tried to hook up a third D2 Traktor pro didn't recognize it? How did you hook up your third and fourth D2?

3. FloydB

FloydB NI Product Owner

@Mortician, if you are referring to IL K KIM's photo's you are mistaken about seeing FOUR D2's! He has an S8 in the middle and TWO D2's to give himself the FOUR deck control he was after.

4. Mortician

Mortician New Member

ahh, yes now I see. so, I need to get an S8 if I want to use stems on all four decks. I wonder why it is not possible to use 3 or 4 D2s, however it is possible to use 2Ds and the S8 (isn't that basically the same thing)? now that I think about it, I would rather have the S8 than the extra D2s, considering it has the mixer. But when I originally purchased these D2s I figured that because I already have a mixer that the S8 was a waste of space. Thanks for clearing this up.

5. DigitalExtacy

DigitalExtacy NI Product Owner

Lymedo what kind of stand are you using for your d2s?

6. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

I made it myself from an old laptop stand, for the plate, and the swivel arm off a TV wall mount bought from Screwfix.
    I couldn't find a stand that would fit in the space I had, or that wasn't rediculously expensive, so making one was my only option.

Have a look for laptop stands with swing arms if you want something similar.

7. *ping*

*ping* New Member

For when it is too late to mix on speakers... :)

HP Mix on the posh.jpg

8. *ping*

*ping* New Member

Can expand your certification to include more products that some of your customers want to use?

Scratch certification of the A&H Xone 22c/43c would be a good start :)

9. Rob van Erp

Rob van Erp NI Product Owner

10. JRI

JRI New Member

Hi, I have a Xone DB4 and XDJ 1000's as well. Do you have any issues with the output level of the XDJ 1000's when they are connected via RCA with the Xone DB4? On my Xone DB4 the PK! lights are flashing with many of my tracks. I already checked the tracks and these are ok. It seems that the output level of the XDJ 1000 is to high. Do you perhaps have a solution for this? Or do you have the same issue?

11. Houbie64

Houbie64 New Member

12. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic NI Product Owner

Finally I get to see how an SZ looks with two Kontrol D2s glad I never decided on an SZ D2s seem too far away. mabey a both on a crane stand would be better :)

13. Notanon

Notanon NI Product Owner

[​IMG]

Picked up my second D2 yesterday, so here is my revised setup. Short of something like a Z4 being announced at some point in the near future, this will do me for quite a while, though I might see about getting a roadcase built for the Z2 and D2s for gigs.

14. mjerome89

mjerome89 New Member

Hey guys :)

Can one of you who has a Pioneer DJM as mixer, message me to help me set it up with two D2's? :)

15. Masterbit_Tf

Masterbit_Tf NI Product Owner

please find my answer in your other thread :)

16. j-lee pope

j-lee pope NI Product Owner

17. Rob van Erp

Rob van Erp NI Product Owner

20160613_164856.jpg 20160613_164856.jpg aded a xone k2 and a aturia sparkle

18. romo53

romo53 New Member

19. claytonthechemist

claytonthechemist NI Product Owner

I love the elegance and feel of vinyl control, and the workflow with the D2s is incredible. Everything I need to see and touch is right in front of me, and I don't have to stare at or touch the laptop, unless I want to search. dhl.jpg

14615714_10154262185863005_1137205238796699059_o.jpg IMG_2930.jpg

20. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Clay how do you feel just using the D2's out for gigs or by itself without the turntables? Got the same set-up. I think for some it's hard adjusting to the touchstrips.