1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Show Off Your S8 Setup.

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Reverend Roberts, Nov 1, 2014.

1. zack__1987

zack__1987 New Member

Thanks for the foam idea xD I was struggling my head to raise S8 with Technics... By the way, the GoPro like that looks like an awesome idea, does the camera takes CDJs and S8 together? Thanks ;)

2. DeejaySolitaryX

DeejaySolitaryX New Member

Here is my Setup :)

Attached Files:

3. MiQ

MiQ NI Product Owner

Here's my setup. Running 3 decks plus 1 remix deck with 1 F1 in permanent User Mode to give me some extra buttons and faders for various things. For example, I use the faders to control the FX instead of the 4 FX knobs. Handy for fast FX action.

[​IMG]

And here is my mates ridiculous setup. With 2 XDJ1000s and a Thunderbolt display running Traktor and Rekordbox side by side,

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. loomy

loomy NI Product Owner

Traktor Kontrol S8 FEETS
    set of 6 pieces

sets of 6 feets non skid for Traktor Kontrol S8.
    They come in lots of 6 units, and let the S8 at a height of 8.5 cm ,
    Perfect match for placement between turntable or CDJ's.
    Better dissipates the heat generated by the S8 at the bottom .

No need any complex installation , single screw each feet and go!

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Patas-compat...tor-Kontrol-S8-LOTE-6-unidades-/201389548438?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Patas-compat...tor-Kontrol-S8-LOTE-6-unidades-/201389548438?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  5. loomy

loomy NI Product Owner

6. lacker

lacker NI Product Owner

that looks so busy and perfectly executed. goes great with your vinyl

7. Ravinstomper

Ravinstomper Member

Can i say a big WOW I love the two posts with the vinyl decal wraps... maybe something I'll look into.

I too had used wooden plinths under the s8 to obtain a nice deck height... but I sussed out the feet issue we have and gone a step further.... and made the S8 tilted so its not just plain flat. I'd purchased a 1000 mm thread rod (size M4 thread) for ony £1.45 at my local hardware store (B&Q in England) and cut it to size with a dremel . I have the front raised at the required deck level and the back end doubled in size to give it that tilted angle for my perfect viewing angle and Kontrol. I also found some small chrome cupboard door knobs at £2 each that just screw on to the exposed end of the thread. This is my result for less than a £10 and it works. If you guys want any more info i'm glad to share.

Regards.

shot1.jpg shot2.jpg shot3.jpg shot4.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. alexbnieto

alexbnieto NI Product Owner

Here's my S8/D2 setup

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. IL K KIM

IL K KIM New Member

quick question guys.
    what function do i get if i press the center Tempo encoder?
    seems like i dont get anything after pressing..

10. Ravinstomper

Ravinstomper Member

@ Il k kim.

I can help but you should start a new thread.

The centre bpm push encoder sets the internal clock to master. Thus making each deck slave to it. The effects lfo processing also follow this clock.

If you hold shift and push on the center encoder makes it turn back to auto mode, thus the decks switch mastering between each other.

11. souldancer

souldancer New Member

Hi maybe you could help me out. i got the s8 2x d2's and 1 F1 with tekken mapping. because of the mapping i have to activate the controller editor. but when i do that the s8 and the controller jump in controller mode and i get a message from controller editor that there is a conflict. with naming. did you encounter the same problem and if so how did you solve this. i use the f1 through the hub of the d2. same happens when i use a db4 with two d2's and 1 F1. Thanks

12. Ravinstomper

Ravinstomper Member

----->>UPDATE<<------
    Hi guy just wanted to show you me new set up.
    I have sold off my Stanton t120 and picked up a pair of Numark CDX. I have heard many things about reliability on these units and I took a gamble and went for it. I found these at a really great price and they are in excellent condition and well looked after. I must admit I'm amazed. Also the fella selling them gave me two spare cd lenses.. just in case ;)

Anyhow's here is my new look.

P.s I'm using my 8inc tablet mounted on a JML grip'n'go stand. Using splash top streamer, free app, to stream the pc screen for browser mode - zoomed. this way I can see any column in any order I desire than the locked chosen ones on the S8 screens. Slight lag but that doesn't bother me for browser use.

Also ditched my old Aiwa amp and speaker, now using a set of Gemini 250w powered pa speakers with a Behringer Deq1024 Graphic Eq.. Neighbours love them lol.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      171 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      169 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Matt Clover

Matt Clover New Member

Hi All, here is my setup, hope you like. Looking to upgrade 1000's to XDJ1000s shortly as now have HID. IMAG1785.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Matt Clover

Matt Clover New Member

15. Matt Clover

Matt Clover New Member

Hi, have you still got this setup? Interested if you have sorted HID mode yet now it's available. I am looking at these decks to replace my CDJ1000s. Love your setup by the way

16. barn_uk1980

barn_uk1980 New Member

HI, YES - still rocking the S8 and XDJ1000's. I jump between using them in HID mode and using them with reordbox on channels three and four in direct-thru mode. I like the versatility of having both 'traditional' decks and a controller. HID mode works well though, deck platter response is good too. I've toyed with ditching the S8 and getting a pioneer mixer but think I'd regret it so staying with this for the long haul.

17. Simmo512

Simmo512 New Member

S8, 2 x D2, RMX500, 15" Retina Macbook Pro.
    rsz_20151116_132728.jpg

18. bluntjust

bluntjust NI Product Owner

heres my new starship setup2.JPG setup3.JPG

19. NIVLAG77

NIVLAG77 NI Product Owner

Hi Bluntjust,

Nice set up.. I want something similar myself in white!

AmI correct in thnkingits an Ikea 'hack'? if so what did you use?

If not can I ask where you got your stand from and the cost?

Many other wikid set ups..respect guys

20. bluntjust

bluntjust NI Product Owner

it all ikea mate list as follows

KALLAX
    Shelving unit, white x2
    £39

The work top was only £20
    but cant remember the name 2400mmx600mm

CAPITA
    Bracket x4
    come in boxes of 2