1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

silly question, how do you turn off patch cable display for blocks?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by wgan, Apr 15, 2019.

1. wgan

wgan New Member

its getting messy and block the view and I google around but couldn't find an answer, or could you?

2. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Are you in a rack or an ensemble? (lol - visions of the future)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. wgan

wgan New Member

not sure, the file is .ens but I'm using blocks, I don't have any idea of telling whether its rack or not in Reaktor.

edit. I had a look again, its ensemble not rack, so I don't have this ports and wire view toggle button at the top, anyway to convert this to rack? I thought once you use blocks it will automatically become rack.

4. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Rack files are .nksr, ensemble files are .ens - so you are using an ensemble of Blocks (Blocks are really just 'Instruments' *.ins).

In an ensemble environment, you can right click on the block and switch view between A and B. In patch and play enabled blocks, this will show(B) and hide(A) the sockets and patch cables.

---------------------------------------------------

In racks there are some buttons near the top of the screen to toggle the different view modes, and these effect the whole rack:

patch cable switching.PNG

5. Jan Ola @ NI

Jan Ola @ NI NI Team NI Team

You can also use the new global switching between A and B View for all Instruments in an Ensemble. This feature was specifically added for your use case. Find it in the View menu, Panel View.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lars Daniel Terkelsen

Lars Daniel Terkelsen NI Product Owner

I have the same problem. (Still, after reading the above.) I put some blocks in a rack, saved it as an ensemble, but when I load it now, I can not see the three view mode buttons. I get that I can only see them if it is a rack. But what do I do now? (Yes, total newbie.)

7. Lars Daniel Terkelsen

Ok, now I tried loading the .ens into a rack in the hope that I would get the view mode buttons, but then the rack just "turns into" an ensemble. HELP!

8. Jan Ola @ NI

The view modes are only available in Racks. In a Blocks Ensemble, you can use the A and B views to show or hide the wiring as I explained above.

9. Lars Daniel Terkelsen

Ok. And when you talk about the wiring in the A and B views, you mean the schematic version of the modules and connections, not the faux modular dangling cables, am I right?

10. Jan Ola @ NI

No, the A and B views in Reaktor relate to the panel.

11. DjWarmonger

DjWarmonger New Member

I may be stupid, but I can't see a way to turn the cables on in Blocks. I have loaded some ensemble, but there are no buttons visible at all. "Wires" option is ticked, but grayed out. Can't see any difference between view A and B.

Attached Files:

12. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

upload_2019-12-13_23-46-29.png
    Set EDIT to white. Click on it.

13. Jan Ola @ NI

You are probably using an old Ensemble that does not include Blocks with ports and wires.

14. DjWarmonger

DjWarmonger New Member

^Could be it, that's a preset from original Blocks installation.

But then, why it's not updated? Are there others which I could try?

15. Jan Ola @ NI

Ensembles include the Blocks (which are technically Instruments), so that would require a complete rebuild of all Ensembles. This won't happen. Racks reference the Blocks, so when the Blocks are updated, the Racks will reflect this. This is one of the big benefits of Racks.

Yes, Blocks Base and Blocks Primes include a lot of preconfigured Racks with patches that you can explore. Download the two products via Native Access. Then you'll find the Racks in the corresponding folder in the Player tab of the browser.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. DjWarmonger

DjWarmonger New Member

^Awesome, that works for me. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  17. nv

nv NI Product Owner

Just wanted to say thanks for sticking with this thread to provide the explanation that I needed, too! I had been looking at the older ensembles, which don't have the new cable view capability - once I found your answer mentioning the newer ensembles, I tried the newer ensembles and it made all the difference! - Thanks again!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Moshe B

Moshe B NI Product Owner

bytheway
    Ctrl+1 for panel A, and Ctrl+2 for B.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Infrabass

Infrabass NI Product Owner

It seems we can't use the shortcut when Reaktor is used as a plugin (tried in Reaper & Ableton Live).
    This a big workflow killer to have to click 4 times to switch the global view from A to B.
    Is there anything I missed?
    Also I'm adding my voice to the wire colour feature in ensemble environment.
    Crossing my fingers!

20. Jan Ola @ NI

As far as I know, this would need to be resolved in the host software. On Windows, Ableton offers the possibility to forward key commands to plug-ins via a setting in the options.txt: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209772865-Options-txt-file

• Like Like x 2