Single note edit?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by gbalzo, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbalzo

gbalzo NI Product Owner

I can not find a way to select and edit single note parameters in a pattern using exclusively the hardware, other than the "recording automation in Step Sequencer" procedure, wich I find quite complicated for such a common task. Am I missing something?
    Thankyou.

2. digitalwhitebyte

digitalwhitebyte NI Product Owner

select track
    select sound
    select step mode
    press and hold step pad
    select souce or fx1 or fx2
    lcd display on the parameters, move arrows for navigate parameter
    you can modify only parameter displayed

with this method you can also add a parameter of automation in the position you want, as you usually for a note.
    pity we can not change the velocity

sorry for my bad english :)

3. gbalzo

gbalzo NI Product Owner

Yes, that is what I call the "recording automation in Step Sequencer" procedure. The problem with this method is that the parameter you change for a single note affects to the next incoming notes. For example, if you want to bring down the volumen of one single bass drum hit out of four you have to bring down the level parameter of that note and then rise it again for the next step so the next three notes recover their original level values.
    And that is what I think is way to complicated for a single note edit.
    Don´t you think?

4. digitalwhitebyte

digitalwhitebyte NI Product Owner

enough to edit the velocity of each step.
    ---
    As far as I understood, the automation is written in a bipolar, that is set for the parameter is varied in proportion -100% / +100%, as does Massive. This does not convince me because not all parameters are automatable with linear values, such as the Swing Cicle. Another thing which I think is crucial is the ability to delete the single parameter in Step Automated Mode, while remaining in the vision of free mouse. I have an Elektron MACHINE without S :) and the automation of parameters is done by holding down the pad and moving in parameter, with this type of automation is becoming difficult to operate for example with filters and other parameters that require a high gradation.
    We are all confident that programmers NI MASCHINE to give a turn with the editing in Step Mode Mouse Free

5. gbalzo

gbalzo NI Product Owner

Agree, let´s hope NI improves step editing in hardware operation.
    Hey, our English is not that bad!...:)

6. UmFuFu

UmFuFu NI Product Owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.